𝟐𝟑 ✫ 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐫

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘.

    Which, to be a hundred percent honest, Finnick expected nothing less. This was Sage Rowan he was dealing with. A fierce, independant, strong, sharp-witted and brilliant woman. And let's not forget, stubborn as hell. She was a girl who does not give out her trust often and when she does, it is something to cherish. To call Sage Rowan his friend was a true honor, one he knew to hold onto tightly and never let go.

    But his actions during this most recent Hunger Games definitely must have raised some concerns for the redhead. He knew the consequences that would come from it, so when he showed up at her doorstep in District 9, his familiar charming smile plastered on his lips and light shining in his eyes when she opened the door, looking disgruntled and a bit dirty indicating that she must have come back from a hunt, he was not at all surprised when the large blue door slammed right back in his face.

    It only caused him to smile more, chuckled even, because he expected it. Six year old friendship and he knew this girl from the back of his hand. He knew she was going to be pissed at him. Pissed at his ignorance, at his cold shoulder. He knew this because he was pissed too. Pissed that he had to do it. He didn't have a choice, but of course she doesn't know that. It was absolute torture being away from her. Finally he found someone he can talk with, a true friend that he has always struggled with maintaining, and he might have ruined it because he was trying to keep a promise.

    A promise he made to her a long time ago.

    No lies.

    Finnick meant that promise he made. It was in the beginning of their blossoming friendship, during the 69th Hunger Games. The first one of many for Sage after her recent win. It was the terms of their friendship. No lying to one another. It was something they both requested because their trust issues had been ruined for so long, Sage's longer than his own.

    Finnick intended to keep that promise, never wanting to give her any reason to not trust him. He fought like hell to earn that trust and he was not about to let it go anytime soon.

    And from her reaction ten minutes ago, he knew he had succeeded. Because the look in her wonderful light blue eyes did not hold mistrust, but anger. That he can handle. Finnick knows how to handle an angry Sage. That means he can fix it. But mistrust? He'd never be able to fix that.

   Sage is a stubborn woman, she does not trust easily and if you break that rare trust she bestowed on you... well then it's good riddance to the bastard who was stupid enough to ruin a relationship with such a magnificent person.

    Finnick can fix this. Operation damage control. That is what he decided to call it the moment he stepped onto the train. His special train access does come in handy despite the terms, but this was important. The moment he received the all clear, he never ran to get on a train so fast before in his life. He needed to see her. These past months without her, knowing how angry she must be at him... its been torture.