𝟏𝟐 ✫ 𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

    𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅𝐅 in the distance, causing the pair to lift their heads at the sound, immediately looking to one another for reassurance as they do every time the cannon goes off, singeling another dead tribute

    𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅𝐅 in the distance, causing the pair to lift their heads at the sound, immediately looking to one another for reassurance as they do every time the cannon goes off, singeling another dead tribute. It doesn't matter if they were right next to another, they needed to see each other alive and breathing with their own eyes before they were able to continue on whatever they were doing prior to the cannon fire. It seems they both are a bit paranoid every time that they hear that boom go off, this being the third one today.

    Day 2 there were zero deaths. Day 3 there was one. Sandy, District 10.

    Now it's Day 4. Three more dead. Eleven remaining.

    It has been almost three days since Sage and Lorcan helped out their fellow tributes. They have relocated to a new spot every day, much closer to the mountains, where Sage got to work on a fire and set up the small tent while Lorcan skinned the red fox she had managed to kill earlier today and was cooking it over the flames. It was getting late once again, and so far only three deaths today. No sign of any retaliation from the gamemakers for what happened with Turner and Bobbi. They spent most of the time walking and trying not to freeze to death.

    By some miracle, they haven't encountered any tributes, which Sage believes is because her theory was correct. Most of them want to be in the warmest spot possible where they have a better chance. It is why Sage forced Lorcan out here with her, knowing they'd have a better chance of staying under the radar for a short while, despite the horrid temperature.

    Lorcan had given Sage the coat after much insistence, which Sage knew she would have to oblige him and only allowed herself to enjoy the comfort of the heavy coat for an hour or so before giving it back to Lorcan. Once the meat was cooked thoroughly, Sage took a seat next to Lorcan and mumbled a thanks as he let her cut off a piece. It was probably the most delicious thing she has ever tasted, mainly because she was starving and she has never been picky over food. She remembers during the time she was homeless and hunting season was at its worst... she doesn't want to admit the things she ate in order to survive.

    The light from the flames lighted their small space and as Sage stared at the dancing flames for a long period of time, she found herself drifting back to the first night she had to spend the night in the freezing night air. She had gotten severely ill afterwards, mainly because it had rained in the middle of the night and she had been so exhausted from not sleeping for four days straight that she slept right through it - in the pouring, freezing rain.

    She had gotten pneumonia, at least that is what she assumed she had. It sure has hell felt like it, not like she went to see any healers or anything to confirm her diagnosis. She couldn't afford them and no one was kind enough to her to make her feel like they would just do it out of the kindness of their hearts. It had almost killed her. She remembers being so sick she could barely move. She needed medicine, antibiotics. Anything. She was convinced she was going to die.