𝟏𝟒 ✫ 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

    𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 Rowan ran down the hall, ignoring the screams of her mother behind her, telling her to get back

    𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 Rowan ran down the hall, ignoring the screams of her mother behind her, telling her to get back. Tears were spilling from her eyes, soaking her cheeks as her bottom lip quivered in utter terror.

"Sage Rowan! Get back here, you ungrateful child!" Her mother, Deirdre Rowan, yelled as Sage ran up the stairs as fast as her little legs could carry her.

Her mother was right on her heels and when Sage entered her bedroom, just before she could slam the door behind her, Deirdre forced the door open so harshly that it sent the small girl back onto the hardwood floor and the door slammed into the wall so hard it caused a dent.

Sage scrambled back, more tears falling. "No! Mommy please. I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Deirdre didn't listen, instead she grabbed Sage by her arm and hauled her up like she weighed nothing. "Shut up! Why do you keep disrespecting me? I have told you, time and time again, never mention that man to me ever again. Do you know what it's like to be reminded of him? Isn't seeing you walking around, haunting me with your presence, enough of a reminder that he left me? You are lucky I didn't carve you out of my stomach when I found out I was pregnant."

Sage fought hard against her as she dragged her back down the stairs, Sage screaming and hyperventilating, knowing where she was being dragged too. "Mommy, please! I-I won't ever mention him again. P-Please! Please! I'm sorry!"

Deirdre was not listening, instead she dragged her daughter kicking and screaming over to the small, confined closet that she had drilled a plank of wood into the wall so when she slammed it it would lock and keep Sage from escaping. The only way out is for Deirdre to let her out.

"No!" Sage screamed, holding onto the edge to keep from being trapped in this suffocating darkness. Deirdre pried her fingers free and shoved the small girl inside, slamming the door shut just before Sage could get up. Sage rammed into the door, banging on it and screaming at the top of her lungs as everything settled. "Mom-Mommy! Mommy!"

"Shut up!" Deirdre yelled from the other end, smacking her hand against the door. "Shut up! Shut up! All of you shut up!"

"Mommy, it's just me." Sage cries, banging the door. "No one else is here. It's just me. Please let me out. I'll be good. I'll be good."

But it was no use. No matter how much begging or crying or banging, Deirdre Rowan never let her daughter out of the closet. Sometimes it was only for three hours, but the longest she has stayed inside this closet was two days. Deirdre only let her out because she needed her to get food and supplies, seeing as she wasn't welcomed in the District. Deirdre never left Victor's Village unless it was to mentor for the games.