𝟑 ✫ 𝟐𝟓𝟎 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

    𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 were transported to the train station in a motorized vehicle

𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 were transported to the train station in a motorized vehicle. Once on the train, the two were led to the compartments they will be staying at by two different Avoxes, learning their names to be Nix and Opal. They were very similar in looks, hair as dark as the night and skin as pale as snow. It didn't take a genius for Sage to put together that they were siblings. They looked roughly around the same age, so they might even be twins.

Once they seemed settled, Bird instructed them back to the bar car, where they would spend the remainder of the day until it was time to eat supper and go to bed. They've been on the train for almost an hour and Sage hasn't spoken one word since they left the Justice Building. Bird had tried to get her to speak or even laugh, but she wasn't in the most laughable or talkative of moods. So she decided to turn her attention to Chance, who was more open to conversation than she was, which satisfied the bleach blonde escort enough.

She overheard Bird saying how she was tempted to go find their mentor, surprised that he hasn't made an appearance yet. Sage tried hard to remember his Games, but his games happened months before she was born during the 53rd Hunger Games. She was also dreading speaking to him, seeing as he is most definitely going to bring up her mother. Deirdre Rowan had been his mentor after all. All she really knew about Walker was that he won his games by out running the other tributes and basically ran until everyone else was dead.

It wasn't the best strategy but it seemed to work for him. Unfortunately for him, since her mother's suicide, he is forced to mentor every tribute from 9 since. He basically lived on this train, never once having a moment of peace.

"Hey." A rough voice spoke up, causing Sage to turn her head to the left, only to see Chance had moved from the one couch where he was talking to Bird to the one on the other side of the train to where Sage sat. The redhead didn't respond, but did look around to see if Bird was anywhere to be seen, which she wasn't. "She's gone. She went to go find Walker a minute ago."

All Sage did was nod, turning her head to look back out the window, trying to ignore the motion sickness she was starting to feel from watching the speed of the train. Sage read once that the Capitol trains are referred to as 'high-speed trains'. Unlike the freight trains that come into District 9 to transport supplies directly to the Capitol, high-speed trains are much more extravagant that operate at a speed of 250 miles per hour. They are primarily used to transport tributes to the Capitol as well as victors during their Victory Tour.

Chance didn't move, just stared at her with curious eyes. Not even seconds passed when her patience ran very thin and she snapped. "What?"

He seemed taken back a bit by her harsh tone but brushed it off easily. "You don't talk much, do you?"