𝟒 ✫ 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

    𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 came to a stop and the doors slid opened, the loud cheers from the Capitol citizens nearly broke the redhead's eardrums

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 came to a stop and the doors slid opened, the loud cheers from the Capitol citizens nearly broke the redhead's eardrums. Both Sage and Chance cringed at the same time, Sage feeling a wave of nausea as all the bright colors were making her woozy. Chance seemed to snap out of the shock of it all, putting on a smile and waving to the crowd as they were both led down the open path by Bird; Walker close behind them.

    Sage felt a bunch of hands trying to grab her, causing the redhead to yank her arms back every time someone managed to get a hold of her, sending them a fierce and powerful glare, but no one seemed fazed by her hostile behavior. It was a madhouse and Sage was mortified by every single colorfully dressed person she saw. She felt rage just from their cheering. They were cheering for their deaths and Chance was feeding into them. He was playing into what the Capitol wanted. To go into these games like they had a choice in the matter...

    Well, screw that. She is going to die either way. She doesn't have to play completely by their rules.

    By the time they made it into what is presumed to be the Remake Center, she and Chance were dragged in opposite directions where they were stripped of their clothes and immediately washed off. Sage had almost punched the girl when she snuck up behind her and tried to unzip her dress, but stopped herself when she saw the frightened look in the woman's eyes, holding her hands up in surrender. Realizing what they were doing, Sage calmed herself and slowly allowed the woman to unzip her dress and willinging got into the bath.

    They scrubbed Sage so hard she felt like her skin was bleeding from the pain, worse than the bath she had taken before the Reaping. They had clipped the dead ends of her long hair, but thankfully they didn't cut much, which mostly had to do with the fact that Sage threatened to make them her first victims if they cut it too short. The look in their eyes was enough for Sage to see that they believed her.

    Waxing was the worst part of it all. They waxed almost every inch of her body until it was bare and smooth and Sage felt raw. Just before they could apply the wax to her eyebrows, Sage noticed a woman taking her dress and shoes away. Sage pushed the member of her prep team away, sitting up in the chair in alert. "Hey! Where are you going with that?"

    "To put it with the others to be burned."

    "What?" Sage almost yelled. "No! You can't!"

    The woman was taken back by the strange outburst, most likely never having anyone argue with taking the old clothes from the tributes. "That is what we are told to do."

    "But it's brand new. Someone important made me that dress. You can't burn it." Sage demanded, holding out her hand as if the woman would actually hand it to her.