Quest 32: The Nuckelavee

"Hello." = Normal talk

'Okay.' = Though

[WORD!] = Henshin Device and Attack naming

[WORD!] = Finisher and Weapon sound

'Welcome' = Sign

"WORD!" = Henshin and Weapon Summoning

"Roll Call!" = Roll Call
________________________________________________________________________________

The sounds of thunder and gunfire are heard against a black screen. A wide shot of Kuroyuri shows the empty, degraded town. A billowing cloud of dust and pieces of wood rise in the distance around the top of a tree that is barely visible above the town rooftops. Bell, Jaune, Ruby, Ren, and Nora all fall back by the dead cherry tree. Qrow is still unconscious and propped against it.

The Nuckelavee comes into view, twitching its various body parts. It sends out a shockwave roar that causes all five teenagers to flinch. The Grimm looks at the teenagers and turns its head to look at Qrow and begins running toward him.

Jaune sheaths his sword and makes a run for Qrow. The Nuckelavee lashes out with one of its arms, able to extend it at a far reach. Jaune avoids it and gets Qrow upright, but the Nuckelavee is heading right for them.

Ren uses his Semblance to hide Jaune and Qrow from the Grimm, which stops short and looks about in confusion. Jaune stands still, staring at the Grimm.

"Just get him to safety!" Ren said

Jaune walks away with Qrow while the battle resumes. He sets Qrow down behind a building and narrows his eyes at the wounded man before turning to leave. Qrow grabs him by the hand, but falls unconscious before he can say anything. Jaune gives Qrow another look before rejoining the fight.

The Grimm is using its arms to grab hold of each of Jaune's teammates but is continually distracted by the fire of the next one.

"Keep moving, go in a circle!" Bell said

Easily distracted, the Nuckelavee lets go of Ren when Nora fires at him. The team follows Jaune's advice and they circle their enemy, those with firepower firing and Jaune coming in to slash at the foreleg with his sword. The Nuckelavee uses its hind hooves to kick Jaune back, where he lands near Bell and Ruby.

"Jaune, try the new Upgraded and let double team him." Bell said

"Gotta ya." Jaune said as he sheathes his sword and releases the side-blades out of the shield, wielding Crocea Mors as a single weapon. Ruby fires as Bell and Jaune runs in, and they are able to land a successful slash on the hindlegs.

The horse portion of the beast roars while the torso uprights and its head cocks to look at Bell and Jaune a bit stunned. If extends both its arms and swings them round, creating a rotary attack that knocks aside Bell, Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Ruby in that order. When it pulls back its arms, the torso curls in on itself, and the spines on its back extend several inches further out. The Nuckelavee roars into the sky, causing everyone to cover their ears.

Ren runs up the cherry tree and fires from one of the heavier branches. He is immediately pushed against a building wall by one of the creature's hands.

"Ruby!" Nora said for an assist and running toward her, Ruby nods, and she uses Crescent Rose to launch Nora in between Ren and the Nuckelavee's would-be fatal strike with its other hand to prevent the Nuckelavee's secondhand killing Ren. Nora ends up dangling by her grip on Magnhild, which is pressed into the wall of the same building, slightly higher up than Ren, who looks up at Nora.