12

[lower case intended]

[short af]

sunday, the next day from the incident, michael woke up to the smell of bacon.

at first, he was sceptical. he obviously had no idea where he was until he remembered that some guy- ben, luke's brother- found him and brought him home. it felt so foreign to wake up in a bed. comfortable, warm, fluffy. he felt content in a bed that wasn't even his.

his mind drifted off to luke and what he's been doing to him, his mind slowly drifting off once again to ashton. he was confused because ashton scared him, and he continued to scare him until the bathroom incident. it confused him a lot. ashton said it was because he almost got... but that was days before. did he need time to settle down and get over it or something? it was all so confusing.

he winced as he got up from the bed, still unsure of what to do. does he go and eat with them? does he leave? does he stay in the room till they tell him to come? he's not so sure, but his question was answered when a head popped through the bedroom door.

"ah!" jackie smiled and swung the door wide open. "you're awake. perfect." she beamed. it caught michael off guard because wow this woman is super peppy for this early in the morning. "c'mon sweetie. we've got eggs and bacon done. get dressed-" she set a shirt and sweats on the bed that she was apparently holding "- and come in the kitchen when you're done."

"okay" michael mumbled as jackie closed the door. he grabbed  the clothes on the bed and sighed because he was late for work and his uncle is probably worried to death about him. he took off the clothes he was wearing and slipped on the ones jackie had given him. he made the bed and folded the pj's, setting them on the pillow.

"i need to make a phone call" he bit his lip once he sat down.

"alright." ben already was halfway through his plate of eggs- he had 4. "after you eat though."

so that's what he did. he ate with ben and jackie as they had small talk. once they we done, michael put his plate and in the sink. he pointed to the phone on the counter shyly, making ben chuckle and nod.

he snatched the phone and ran into the guest bedroom, frantically dialling the coffee shop's phone number.

"hello?" jamie cheerfully spoke through the phone.

"jamie i'm so sorry i didn't show up. oh god please don't hate me. it won-" michael was really worried about what jamie would do if he kept being late.

"mikey, kitty, calm down. yeah?" jamie spoke softly through the phone. after a few minutes of michael taking breaths- in and out, in and out, in and out- jamie spoke to him. "what happened?"

"oh. i- uh- overslept?" he tried but of course jamie didn't have it.

"then why are you calling me from a landline and not from a payphone? i know your apartment doesn't have landline because i didn't put any, although i should."

"i'm at luke's brother's place."

"oh?"

"yeah. i'll- i'll be at the shop in 30 minutes."

"it's okay take the day off, yeah?"

"seriously?"

"yeah."

"but i wanna come."

"take a day off, okay?"

"fine."

and then he hung up.