Chapter 8: Belle

A/n: a time skip has taken place. Luna is now out of the hospital

Kaitlyn stepped out of the taxi, looking down the hill at the abandoned houses. She looked at her sister and sighed, pointing to the house at the bottom of the hill.

Said house was falling apart, wood lazily hammered over holes and the door had nearly fallen off. There was a rusty wheelbarrow that had been flipped over.

"Are you sure that's the right house?" Luna asked, "I mean, look at it. It barley qualifies as a shack!"

Kaitlyn nodded, starting to walk down the hill, "Come on, I think someone's inside."

Luna looked skeptical, but followed her younger sister anyway. "Ok, say someone is in there. What if they don't want to help us and don't let us in? Or, what if it's a bear? Neither of us can talk to animals, so how would we avoid getting mauled?"

Kaitlyn stopped, turning around to look at Luna, "Since when have there been bears in Santa Barbara? And when did you get so paranoid?"

Luna glared at Kaitlyn, but didn't say anything else and kept walking. The two quickly reached the rickety house. Kaitlyn peaked her head into the building.

"Hello, is anyone-" Kaitlyn stopped, gasping and walking inside. Luna followed nervously.

The inside of the house was very different from the outside. One wall covered in posters and news clippings of Tiffany and another had all sorts of weapons. Kaitlyn gasped.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

A eight year old girl with rainbow hair and amethyst eyes was sitting on the balcony of a bright blue treehouse, which, along with the girl, was invisible to nearly everyone. The girl swung her legs back and forth as she wrote in her journal.

'May 10th, 2036

Mom's angry again. She says that the spell that will make the portal to her "real home" won't work no matter what she does. I heard her crying in her room again. I asked her what was so important about that dumb dimension that would make her want to leave me this much, and she said something about her family being there.' The girl paused for a moment, getting visibly angry.

'I don't understand what's so important about her stupid family there. She has me. I'm her family... But Mom doesn't seem to want to admit that. She's too focused on getting back to her twin.

- Belle'

Belle stood up, walking back inside the tree house and going up to a small blue tiger. She sighed, "Daisy, where's Mom?"

The tiger stopped trying to get the mouse that had crawled through the floorboards.

"It's three PM. She's trying to send a transmission to her family."

Belle sighed softly, sinking down on the couch. "Right... Why does she have to do this every day?"

Daisy leaped up onto the couch, "I think it's because there's a chance her family is getting them. It's what keeps her hopeful. And sane."

Belle looked at Daisy, "That wasn't a actual question."

A woman with sapphire blue hair suddenly ran out of a room, looking very excited. She adjusted her eyepatch, which was on the brink of breaking entirely.

"I figured out the spell!" She announced to the room.

Belle looked up, "How?"

The woman smiled, "You have to make a potion first. I've just been saying the incantation over and over again without the potion. That's why it wasn't working! And the best part is, we have nearly all the ingredients!"

Daisy looked away from the yarn, "Tiff, that's great! What are you missing?"

Tiffany's smile faltered, her good mood dropping.

"The blood of the king, and a orange tree leaf."

Daisy snuggled up against Tiffany, purring, "I'm sure we'll figure it out..." She fell asleep against her owner.

Belle looked out the window, frowning. "Mom, I'm gonna head to school."

Tiffany nodded, "Alright."

Belle climbed down the treehouse and ran off. Tiffany sighed a bit, taking out a photo of Isabelle, Luna, and Kaitlyn. She opened her locket, which contained a picture of her and her sisters. "I'm coming home soon guys, I promise."

A/n: longest chapter yet! I hope you're enjoying the story!

R Cult!

R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R