Chapter 32/Epilogue

Noones Pov (2 months later)

It was pretty great in the end, how it it turned out I mean. Quite startling actually. Why? Well, only a few cookies knew that White Lily was taken over by Dark Enchantress so no cookies were terrified of her like they did with Espresso before. The shocking news was when Pure Vanilla announced her to be queen after a long discussion with the other Ancients. Even though everyone was shocked by the sudden announcement, due to her sweet personality she was easily accepted in less than a month.

Unfortunately, this happiness can't be said for Licorice nor Affogato. Licorice was so upset by both the defeat and truth about Dark Enchantress that he needed to recieve therapy. For now, Herb took care of Poisonous Mushroom. Cake Hound and Bat-Cat was just hanging about in the woods with Werewolf and sometimes the cake tower.

Espresso overheard Pomegranate saying that she'll get St Pastrys Order to free Pastry cookie. Funny thing by the way, she actually gotten a job at the prestigous magic academy that Latte teaches. Red Velvet cares for pets and animals now at his cake tower, which Espresso was happy for. Since Pomegranate had access to teleportation, she also helps teleport young cookies to field trips if they behave, and she teleports her and Latte back to the kingdom often.

Strawberry Crepe just hangs around the kingdom nowadays. Espresso still isn't close to the cookies of the kingdom, but things have improved. He is admired for his skills and not many cookies are afraid of him. He spends his days working, helping out, and kind of caring for Strawberry Crepe's well being. The two cookies have gotten close, and they helped rebuild nearly half the kingdom by themselves and the wafflebots.

Ah right, forgot to mention Affogato is hiding out somewhere where noone knows. This was a problem, considering he had commited quiet a few crimes and won't turn himself in. Madeleine wanted to try turning him to 'good,' as 'the Divine can heal anyone', but the other 3 coffee cookies and the Dark Cacoa family disagrees greatly. Technically Caramel Arrow wasn't Dark Choco's wife nor future wive yet, but Dark Choco wants to propose in like a year when he's ready. 

Latte just continues her usuall life, hanging out with Espresso more. Chocolate Mocha still goes to her regular teacher and Espresso for help on tough magic questions. She often goes to Espresso wherease Cream Puff goes to Latte. They're graduating soon, and Espresso considers going to the graduation even. Madeleine smiles to himself even brighter nowadays (Espresso wonders how that's still possible) after seeing Espresso smile more even if it is still rare smiles. Doppia.. well Espresso has no idea and doesn't care on what she thinks.

Speaking of Madeleine, Espresso was sitting with Madeleine on a swing atop of a hill which overlooked the Vanilla Kingdom. The sun was setting and the skies was streaked in light shades of pinks, oranges, and reds.

Espresso was leaning into Madeleine's chest, and his brain was ticking as usuall.. thinking of his experiements.. but in the back of his mind he was thinking of how warm Madeleine's chest was. 

"I should get back to my work," Espresso announced.

"Aw, but whyy? You've been working so hard on the kingdom for the past 2 months!" Madeleieine complained, hugging Espresso tighter.

"I was joking," Espresso said, rolling his eyes jokingly.

"You've grown more sass,"" Madeleine commented, "It's cute."

"You think everything is cute, don't you," Espresso huffed, but secretely he kind of thought it was adorable.

They stayed quiet for a few more minutes and Madeleine spoke, "Essy? Why do you love me?"

"Hm? Is the best paladin and knight of the divine doubting himself after all that has happened? Espresso hummed.

"What? O-ofcource not!" Madeleine said, "I just mean that you used to, well kind of still, dislike me."

"That's not true," Espresso said, surprised, "Why would I become your boyfriend otherwise."

"Because I'm amazing?" Madeleine said, "And smart an-"

"Just because I dislike you obsession with me having a god night sleep and the fact that I think light magic is weaker than coffee magic, doesn't mean I dislike you," Espresso said before admitting, "It just means that you are annoying but you worry about me. It is indeed a trait I dislike, but it is sweet and I would miss it."

Madeleine pecked Espresso's lips and grinned, seeing Espresso turned slightly red. Espresso used to turn bright red all the time, but after a series of hugs, kisses, cups of coffee from the first coffee bean he gifted Espresso, and nights of sleeping together, Espresso got used to it. Espresso still slightly turned pink though, which Madeleine found funny.

Madeleine leaed into Espresso ear and whispered, "I love you Essy. You don't need to be perfect when you're my world."

"How cheesy," Espresso mumbled.

He snuggled into Madeleine's chest and smiled softly to himself as Madeleine hugged him once again, wrapping his arms around Espresso and warming him. Espresso opened his mouth before pausing. He wished to find a perfect and cheesy sentence in the glow of this sunset.. when he figured out one.

"Well, I love you too," Espresso said softly.

"And you don't need to be the best or perfect in light magic and being a knight and whatever, because to me...

You're the perfect lover."

-------------

Ty for 4k reads, hope you liked this chapter (Have a good day/night)

Go to the next page for authors notes and a bit of Book 2 <3