Chapter 3: The Hogwarts Express

I had grown accustomed to the wizarding world. I've been staying at The Leakey Cauldron for about two months now and I had read every single textbook that was on the list at least twice.

I've taken several detours back to Flourish & Blotts to get books that were third or fourth year level. I was simply obsessed. Today I decided to get a pet because I was feeling partially lonely. I was always lonely. It's practically become one of my character traits at this point.

I showered and got dressed. My outfit consisted of a collared, white long-sleeve shirt with a gray sweater vest over it and a black cloak with regular black trousers. I combed my black hair. My hair had grown to the point where it covered my eyes so I was always desperately combing it out of the way every morning. 

I exited my room and went down to the restaurant level of the building and got some breakfast. I occupied an isolated table near the back of the pub and took out one of my third year level books. I felt someone sit down at the table. I didn't move; I just kept reading my book.

I saw a pale finger push my book down so I was forced to make eye contact with them. I was taken aback when I saw a young blonde haired girl across from me. She gave me a sweet smile.

"Y/N isn't it?" the girl said. Talk about a stalker, I thought. She looked to be around my age and she seemed to be bubbling with excitement.

"Yes, that's my name," I said without showing any emotion. She rolled her eyes and moved to the seat next to me.

"My name is Aurora Prott," she said extending a hand. I didn't shake it. I simply returned to my book. She gave out a loud huff. "What are you even reading?" she snatched the book out of my hands and looked at the cover. 

"A Guide to Third Year Transfiguration," Aurora read aloud. She looked up at me. "You're a little young to be a third year, don't you think?"

I snatched the book from her grasp. "What do you want?" I asked, irritated. Her smile widened.

"Well, I kind of just want to annoy you," she said. "You seem so lonely in this little corner. Don't you have any parents?"

When I didn't respond her gaze softened. "I'm the same," she said. "I ran away from the orphanage when I was eight years old. Perhaps we could help each other?"

I felt the ends of my mouth twitch upwards, earning a triumphant look from Aurora. "I've never really had any friends," I admitted. "It'd be nice to have someone." 

Aurora beamed. She immediately embraced me in a wide hug. I didn't hug her back, I sort of just stood there stiffly. "Sounds like the start of the greatest friendship ever," she said when she pulled away from me.

"You're going to be new to Hogwarts this year, right?" she said. I nodded. "Same. What subject are you looking forward to? Or any subject that you're not an expert in already." She gestured at my my third year transfiguration textbook.

"I think I'll like Care of Magical Creatures," I responded. "Even though I've read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander over three times already."

"You're such a nerd," she said ruffling my neatly combed hair. "You'll definitely have to help me in all my classes. Personally, I'm excited for Quidditch."

I haven't even thought of the sport. I shrugged. "I would like to keep myself in one peace," I replied. Aurora rolled her eyes. "I'm going to visit the Magical Menagerie later. Would you like to accompany me?"

"Sure," Aurora replied. "Why don't we go now? The only thing you have on your schedule currently is to sulk in the dark and I'm completely free."

I took this into consideration. "Fine," I said. I got up from the table and put the book under my arm. Aurora didn't move. I rolled my eyes. "Are you coming or not?" Aurora just smiled and got up.