Chapter 5: Recovery

I was in the hospital wing for the next three weeks in order for all my injuries to heal. At first, I was scared that I'd develop atrophy, but then I realized that I was in the magical world.

My left leg and right arm were both in casts and Madam Pomfrey had to reinforce the bandage that was currently wrapped around my head. Everyday was pure and excruciating pain without painkilling tonics and spells.

Even though I was in the infirmary all the time, my crown of being first in every class didn't slip from my head. Hermione brought me all the work from class which was quite helpful. She even came to the infirmary when she was struggling on something or wanted to study.

I was expected to come out of the infirmary tomorrow so I was in a good mood although the bandages on my left hand where I punched the wall still throbbed. I was peacefully reading an eighth year Potions book when I heard someone burst into the infirmary.

I peeked over my book to see the Quartet walking towards me. I rolled my eyes and kept reading as the four approached me.

"What do you want?" I said, not looking up from the book. I felt someone snatch the book out of my hand. I heard something collide with the wall which I inferred was my book being thrown at the hospital wall. I winced.

"Answers," Ron snarled. I rolled my eyes and sat up in my bed. I looked at the Quartet. Hermione was biting her lip nervously, Aurora wasn't meeting my eyes, Harry had a curious look, and Ron had a look of anger written on his face.

"Ask away," I said calmly. This only seemed to anger Ron more. I raised my eyebrows. "Is something bothering you, Ron?"

He grit his teeth. "Yes!" He exclaimed. "Why is it that there is writing on the wall and you just happen to be there?"

"That was pure coincidence," I replied as I examined my nails.

"Coincidence! You had blood on your hands!" He barked. I stared up at him with an icy glare that could kill.

"I tripped over Ginny while going to the Great Hall," I explained. "I fell and cut my hands on pebbles on the ground. There's nothing else to it."

"Do you know what the monster in the Chamber of Secrets is?" Harry asked out of the blue. I must have stiffened because Harry narrowed his eyes. "You do know. I can tell you can know."

I looked away as I thought of Bas. Harry dropped a piece of paper on me. I tore my gaze away from the window and examined the photo.

"Am I supposed to know what this is?" I asked them. It was a photo of Collin Creevey not moving in an infirmary bed.

"I stole the camera from Collin the day before he was petrified," Aurora said. I examined it one more time and then flicked at back at them.

"There is a monster in the Chamber of Secrets and it can petrify people. What do you need me for? Figure it out yourselves," I said as I turned my back to them.

"I know you know what the monster is," Harry insisted. I stiffened.

"Get out," I said.

"Pardon?" Hermione replied.

"I said," I replied, "get out." My voice was calm but it was very authoritarian and powerful. Ron scoffed.

"Come on," Ron said to the others. "He's right. We can figure it out by ourselves."

I didn't turn around as I heard them exit the room. When I heard the door close, I immediately perked up. I lifted the covers off of my body as I inspected my leg.

My strength had mainly returned. All that remained was a bandage. I twirled my finger in the air as my pajamas changed into my Slytherin robes.

I ignored the sharp pain in my leg as I took the pain tonic from my nightstand. I downed it and I felt the pain go away. I exhaled as I tightened my tie. It was time to confront Tom Riddle.