Chapter 7: The Spirit of Grindelwald

I woke up to the sound of drowned out voices. I didn't open my eyes, I simply tried to make out the voices in the room.

"He's awake," I heard the voice of Hermione say. I heard Ron scoff.

"No he's not," Ron said. "His eyes aren't open."

After a few moments, my nerves defrosted and I realized someone was holding my hand. "His breathing changed," Hermione answered simply. I felt someone touch my forehead.

"He's cold as ice," Aurora said. As soon as Aurora talked I felt the grip on my hand tighten leading me to believe that Hermione was indeed holding my hand.

"Wow, Hermione, you could've told me you had a crush on him," Ron said. I could tell he meant it as a joke but when Hermione didn't answer I could practically feel his sneer.

"I don't see why he's so popular," Ron continued, venom laced into his words. "He's a stuck-up git who acts like he's better than everyone else. I mean, did you see his smirk when absolutely destroyed Harry in the dueling club."

I heard someone shuffle their feet. "I wouldn't say destroyed—"

"Harry, he used non-verbal magic," Aurora said cutting Harry off. "He could beat you in his sleep."

I tried to resist a smile. "I hope he wakes up soon," Hermione said. "There's something I need to speak with him about."

At the mention of this, I pretended to just wake up. I fake groaned. "What's all the noise?" I asked in a fake tired voice. I opened my eyes and instantly my hand shielded my face from the harsh afternoon rays.

I felt hands rap around my torso and it took me a moment to realize that Hermione was hugging me. I awkwardly hugged back.

She pulled away from me and then turned to the other three. "Would you give Y/N and I minute please?" she asked. Ron scowled and then proceeded to grab Harry and Aurora, forcefully pulling them out of the infirmary.

As soon as the door shut behind them, Hermione turned to me with a stark expression. "I'm going to talk and you're going to listen," she said. I raised my eyebrows before sitting up in the bed, trying not to wince from the growing pain in my abdomen. 

She shook her head and forcefully shoved me out of the infirmary bed. I stumbled as I was dragged out of the hospital wing, non-verbally summoning my wand and waving it over my body. My pajamas turned into crisp Slytherin robes.

I recognized where we were going due to the route she was taking. "Why are we going to the library?" I asked.

"Because I know what the monster in the Chamber of Secrets is," Hermione replied as she yanked me through the library doors. At the mention of the chamber, I stiffened and ripped my hand out of her grasp. She stopped sifting through book covers and she turned to me. 

"I understand that you know what the monster is. It's also come to my understanding that you're the heir."

My eyes widened. "N-no," I stuttered out. "N-now w-why would y-you say that?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Y/N, you never stutter," she said attempting to take my hand again but I flinched.

"Let me tear you... Let me kill you," I heard the raspy voice of Bas say. My expression turned cold and I instantly moved towards Hermione, protecting her.

"Run."

She didn't need any further instructions. She took off sprinting in the other direction as I followed her. I heard the raspy voice of Bas again and I fired a spell in the direction causing bookshelves to topple.