Chapter 6: Sharp Claws

Honestly, I should write a thank you letter to Harry. He is taking all the suspicion off of me and placing it on himself.

It started at the dueling club and now, ten minutes into studying in the library, a group of Hufflepuffs were already speculating that he was the Heir of Slytherin. I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face.

After Harry confronted Macmillan, he stormed out of the room in a frustrated fury. My smile widened as I got up to follow him. "Tenebris," I muttered. I sank into the ground as a shadow and followed the black haired boy.

I followed Harry for a while before he bumped into Hagrid who was carrying two dead roosters. Tom's trying to get rid of Bas's weaknesses, I thought. As Harry questioned Hagrid, I moved past them and into another hallway.

I nearly jumped out of my shadow when I saw Justin Finch Fletchley's petrified body in the hall. I moved closer against the wall as Harry came down the hallway. He crouched down and inspected Justin's body just as everyone came pouring into the passageway.

Harry looked up at the crowd then at Justin. "Caught in the act!" Ernie shouted. Harry stumbled back and started to shake his head. Hermione, Ron, and Aurora pushed through the crowd to get to Harry, eventually leading him out of the room.

After five minutes, the crowd finally parted leaving me alone in the hallway. I melted out of my shadow and walked down the hallway eventually exiting the castle. I walked towards the Forbidden Forest.

Around a week ago, I found myself trying to fight down my Fracturial form. Unfortunately, I'd given the Fracturus a taste of the real world. It wants more. As I sat under my favorite tree in the forest, I saw shadows start to encase my right arm.

I closed my eyes and grit my teeth as I tried to fight for control. It was painful. Oh, so painful. My Fracturial form fought for control by making me feel immense pain. It felt like being repeatedly slashed by sharp claws.

As I weakened my Fracturial form took over my entire body. A wicked, psychopathic smile spread across my/the Fracturial's face. We sprinted through the Forbidden Forest, killing everything that moved. I'll admit, it was quite exhilarating.

"Stop right there!" We heard a voice say. We whipped around to see a group of centaurs staring back at us. Our smile widened. "You are encroaching on centaur territory."

We didn't wait for an answer. We sprung at the pack with claws outstretched instantly killing the lead centaur. The other centaurs moved back, startled, as we began to rip down the rest of the horse/man hybrids. 

Any centaur that challenged us, died. When we were done, my Fracturial form melted off me. It was satisfied. I sat in a pool of blood for around five minutes before finally moving. The Fracturial drained all of my strength. I knew I couldn't walk all the way back so I turned into a raven.

I ascended and eventually burst through the canopy with blood dripping from my claws. The sun was rising and I didn't get any sleep. I love life. I landed in the owlery where random birds wouldn't be suspicious. I transformed back into human form. 

My robes were streaked with blood and my hands were covered in scarlet. I melted into my shadow form which sapped nearly all of the rest of my energy. I moved through the halls, eventually getting to the dungeons and the Slytherin common room.

I noticed Christmas decorations. Christmas decorations? I rubbed my eyes groggily which was a mistake as my hands were still coated in blood. I quickly wiped my face on the non bloody part of my robes.

I didn't bother to change my clothes as I walked into the Slytherin common room. I just tiredly walked to an empty couch and jumped on it. "Holy Quidditch," I heard Pansy say. I sat up in the couch to find Blaise, Draco, Pansy, and Daphne sitting on different couches.