Chapter 4: Hogwarts

About thirty second before the train started up, Aurora and I were joined by a black haired by with glasses and a boy with flaming red hair. Aurora started to talk to them while I simply pretended they didn't exist.

"Holy broomstick, you're Harry Potter!" Aurora exclaimed. The red haired boy stared at 'Harry Potter' in awe. Aurora turned to me. "Y/N! Can you believe it! We're sitting in the same compartment as Harry Potter!"

"Wonderful," I said emotionlessly, not peering over my book. Aurora let out a huff and snatched the third year book out of my hands.

"Oi, you nerd!" she said. "At least greet the boy!"

I sighed as I extended my hand towards Harry Potter. "Y/N Riddle," I said. As soon as the words escaped my mouth, Harry's hand flew to his head and his winced in pain.

"What's wrong?" the red haired boy said.

"My scar is burning," Harry replied. The red haired boy turned to glare at me. I just rolled my eyes, snatched my book back from Aurora, and resumed reading.

After a few minutes, a lady pushing a trolley filled with candy and other sweets knocked on our closed compartment door—I'll take the blame for that—and asked us if we wanted anything. I completely ignored her as Harry Potter pulled out what seemed to be around five to ten galleons. Next thing I knew, the compartment floor was littered with candy wrappers.

"This is Scabbers," the red haired boy asked Harry, completely ignoring Aurora. "Fred told me a spell to turn him yellow. Want to see?"

"Sure," Harry replied. The red haired boy swallowed the last of the candy in his mouth and cleared his throat. He pointed his mahogany colored want at the rat and was about to say the incantation before a brown haired girl appeared in the doorway.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost his," she said. Her gaze drifted towards the red haired boy's wand and she immediately inflated. "Are you doing magic? Let's see then."

I peeked over my book as the boy started to recite the incantation, "Sunshine, daises, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow!"

The best that it did was prevent Scabbers from eating anymore candy as the packet he was eating was immediately flung off of him. I saw Hermione start to open her mouth to talk but I cut her off.

"That's not the proper incantation," I said from behind my book.

"What was that?" I heard the red haired boy say in a more annoyed and angry tone.

"I said that the incantation you uttered was properly, incorrect," I replied, dropping the book so that I could make eye contact with the boy. 

As soon as Hermione saw me, she nearly deflated—knowing that she wasn't the smartest in the room—and looked at me intently.

"Well if you're so clever, you try! Go on," he said. I took out my sleek, black yew wand and pointed at the oversized rat.

"Colovaria," I said in a calm voice. A yellow flash came out of my wand as Scabbers turned the color of the sun. I saw Harry gasp in awe and the red haired boy let out an annoyed huff before proceeding to forcefully shove Scabbers in his pocket.

I fought down a triumphant smirk as I put my wand back in my cloak pocket. I then proceeded to read my book again.

"That was a very nice demonstration, Y/N," Hermione said, now animated. "I've only done a few simple spells but they've all worked for me." She walked into the compartment and took a seat next to Aurora.

"For example," she said taking out her wand and pointing it at Harry's glasses, "Oculus Repairo!" The tape on Harry's glasses flew off to reveal a perfectly repaired surface and the cracks in his glasses also vanished. Harry took off his glasses and inspected them with an expression of pure awe. He looked at the red haired boy with shock.