Chapter 4

Astrid was admiring herself in the full-length mirror in her room. A golden dress hanged on the wardrobe beside her. It was custom-made according to her particular specifications. She was preparing for the Celebration of the Great Peace. She was attempting to tame her curly hair into an intricate hairdo, while practicing her speech in her mind. Her wolf, Frida, was supporting her in her thoughts.

"We're going to be the most gorgeous werewolf there," Frida said.

"That's not important. To him, we're always the only one," Astrid replied, laughing at how Frida's lightened up when she mentioned their mate.

Today was a special day, the Great Celebration, and Astrid wanted to look her best - no, she wanted to be perfect. As she worked on her hair, she saw the door to her room open in the mirror. She immediately recognized her mate's scent.

Shaun walked in, a smile lighting up his face. "Hey, beautiful," he said, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"What are you doing here, dear? Aren't you supposed to be with Alpha Dean?" Astrid was excited to see Shaun, but also worried that he was neglecting his duties for her. Shaun was newly appointed as Alpha's Beta, which was the second most important position in the pack since Dean didn't have a Luna yet. "I don't want you to get into trouble because of me," she smiled.

"Don't worry, I snuck away for an hour and Alpha doesn't really need me right now. They're just waiting for Trish," Shaun said, amused by Astrid's concern for following the rules and presenting a perfect image. "And since when do you call him Alpha Dean?" he asked, surprised.

"Since he became an Alpha, darling. We may have been childhood friends, but there are traditions to be respected," Astrid replied seriously. She sighed and finally turned to face her husband. "Trish still hasn't shown up? I can't believe she's coming so late. So irresponsible. She should have been here long ago to help with the preparations."

Shaun smiled and placed a soft kiss on her lips. "What if Alpha hears what you're saying about his younger sister?"

"There's nothing I can't tell Dean himself or even Trish for that matter," Astrid replied, her wolf becoming irritated that Shaun didn't immediately agree with her.

"I'm just teasing you, Astrid," Shaun said, as he took her arm and pulled her closer to him. "I have an hour, and I'd like to use it most effectively," he smiled seductively.

Astrid gasped when he abruptly turned her around to face the mirror again. She looked in the reflection on how he, still standing behind her, started slowly caressing her body. She felt the muscles inside her clench with pleasure.

"No," she protested. "You'll mess up my hair", she tried to pull away from his embrace, but he held her firmly.

"I prefer your hair loose," he whispered running a nose across her neck and kissing her softly on the collarbone. She was only wearing a short pink robe made of silk. Shaun knew it would only require an easy push to pull it off, he felt tension building in his groin and it took him all his willpower not to devour her this second. He felt how Astrid had finally relaxed in his arms, inviting him to whatever he wanted to do with her. And he wanted a lot of things. His hand moved under the robe and palmed one of her breasts, the other one hugged her by the waist at first but went down her body, pausing between her legs. Astrid inhaled deeply.

All her thoughts escaped her, she pushed her weight towards his hot body, immediately feeling his need for her. It was even more pleasurable to know she held such a power over him, then experiencing the pleasure herself. Serving others had always been her strength. He continued massaging her under the robe enjoying how her nipples hardened under his touch. He had rough hands, and after a gentle touch of the silk his strokes was bordering on the painful, but Astrid liked it. He was the warrior, she was his prey. The prey that was always ready to let him win.