Chapter 20

"What's the urgency, Dean? Why did you send Olly to find me in the woods?" Trish stood in her brother's office, annoyed. Just half an hour ago, she was filled with pleasure, twenty minutes ago she hastily put her clothes back on, embarrassed, and now she was standing in front of her brother who needed her urgently.

"You were nowhere to be seen, and you missed the last lunch with all the Alphas. What am I supposed to think? You could have at least informed us..."

Trish interrupted, raising her voice, "Informed you about what? 'Hey, brother, I'm going to fuck a nice juicy Alpha in the woods, don't worry!' Is that what you wanted?"

"Don't speak to me like that. You and your obsession with sex, Trish. Astrid is grieving her husband, and we're all mourning the loss of our pack members, while you're entertaining yourself. What's wrong with you?"

"Maybe that's the only way to be loved in this family – find a guy to fuck you," Trish frowned.

"You know perfectly well that we love you."

"Just a little bit less than Astrid."

"Astrid lost her husband!"

"So tell me the truth – am I to blame for all the misfortunes of our pack? Is that what you're implying? Come on, Dean, say it! No need to be diplomatic with your own sister. Do you think accepting Erik's proposal could have prevented all this?"

"No. We both know that proposal was a farce. And even if it wasn't, I would never wish for you something you don't wish for yourself."

Trish sighed and approached one of the windows, trying to hide her teary eyes from Dean.

"Okay, I guess we're done here?" Dean asked, trying to reassure her. "Are you ready to say goodbye to all the Alphas? Honestly, the packhouse smells suffocating."

"Just for you, brother. It seems having all these Alphas under one roof isn't a good idea – too much fighting and too much... you know."

"Do you like him?" Dean asked unexpectedly.

"Who?" Trish was surprised that Dean was interested in her love life. He usually made a few remarks about her insatiable nature and left it at that.

"Alpha Caelan."

"He's a nice guy, a bit broody but nice. Yeah, I like him. And his broad shoulders... they make me...w..."

"Stop it. Get out!" Dean couldn't help but laugh. His younger sister was obnoxious.

It was the last dinner, and the next morning the packhouse would finally be empty of Alphas. Trish looked forward to that, as she needed some alone time and private moments with her family before returning to her art in the human world. She would have plenty to paint now, but she hoped that once the gruesome battle scenes were captured on canvas, they would stop haunting her thoughts.

As the dinner was about to begin, Trish spotted Caelan in the corridor and pulled him into the nearest room. It was a small room filled with cleaning supplies, but it was enough for her. She kissed him passionately, catching him by surprise, and their physical connection consumed them both. Trish wrapped her legs around his waist, and he pressed her against the wall, responding to her plea for a kiss. They broke apart to catch their breath and locked eyes. Trish wore a mischievous grin, while Caelan had a smug expression, as if they were rebellious partners taking great pleasure in breaking the rules.

"I wanted to talk to you," he murmured, locking his gaze with her sky-blue eyes. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you and your family after dinner. I already informed Dean about it."

"About what?" Trish chuckled.

"You'll see," he replied, a warm smile spreading across his face. Leading her down the hall, he opened the door. Seeing that no one was around, he continued, "After you."