Chapter 12

Caelan found himself in a gray room with wide windows overlooking a rainy landscape. He sat on the edge of the bed, gazing at her. At first, she was silent.

"You know, Caelan, it's not your fault," she slowly moved towards him, her white gown rustling on the floor. Caelan hugged her around the waist, burying his head under her chest and breathing in her scent.

"It is," he replied.

"I would have done the same thing, Caelan. Let me take away all your worries," she said, trying to comfort him.

"Do you want me to be so submissive, Alpha?" Caelan heard a small chuckle from a dark corner of the room. He and the woman in white turned their heads towards the sound. It was Trish.

"She is not you," he replied sternly, wondering what was happening to him. The white figure left his embrace and walked towards the window, standing there silently. Trish finally noticed that, although the woman also had chestnut hair, she was a completely different person.

"Past love?" Trish asked, approaching Caelan and sitting on his lap. Her legs wrapped around his waist, sending shivers down his spine. He could feel the heat of her body and her scent, and his head was spinning with pleasure. He didn't know why he was reacting to her like that, even in his dreams. Trish relished every moment of it, teasing him and making him feel on edge. She put her face closer to his, breathing into his ear. He wanted to take her in his arms, she was everything he needed then, but he managed to resist the impulse.

"That's not your concern," he replied, trying to regain his composure.

"Why won't you make it mine? I can help heal your broken heart," Trish whispered, moving her nose across his warm skin down to his neck.

"You can't, witch."

"I am a lot of things, but I am not a witch, Caelan," she chuckled. "Not all magic or abilities are witchcraft." She could play the role of a witch for him, she thought. Trish started rubbing against his pelvis, and he wrapped his arms around her waist, enjoying her actions. The Alpha was not as pure as she thought. Maybe the Northerners were not all gloom.

"Why did you leave me?"

"On the dance floor? I wanted to play with you, but it seemed like you didn't catch my bait," she said, brushing her lips against his and biting his lower lip gently.

"It seemed like you found someone else to play with," Caelan said, holding her face in his hands and pulling away from her. He needed some distance from her to think clearly, but he might have already been lost. Trish looked into his eyes and smiled. She liked his eyes. She called them the Northern lights. They were emerald and very much alive, showing a spectrum of emotions compared to his serious face. She felt like she was drowning. She smiled, thinking she would draw them later.

"I promised to my brother to be a good girl with Alphas, so I found an easier prey for fun."

"Is it all fun for you?"

"Mostly. Why make it all serious?"

"Then leave me out of your game, Trish. Just leave me be," he said, pushing her aside on the bed and standing up. It took all of his willpower to do so. He was on the verge of breaking every principle he had and giving in to this woman. She would look stunning naked on those white sheets, underneath him, moaning and asking for more. But he couldn't. He didn't toy with women, nor did he enjoy when they tried to toy with him. He liked her and was jealous. He didn't want to share, while she clearly didn't want to belong to him. So he needed some space. He knew his mind was playing tricks on him, he was dreaming but the emotions and feelings were overwhelming, as if it were real. He wanted to escape the dream, but he couldn't control it. It was a seductive nightmare that captured him in this room with one woman he had loved and another trying to bewitch him.