Chapter 15

This evening, Astrid was seething with anger.

"Have you heard what that insolent girl said?" she asked Shaun as they undressed after dinner in the packhouse. Trish hadn't shown up. "She said 'Impossible'. The only thing that's impossible is putting up with her behavior. Dean should teach her that actions have consequences."

"Don't worry, darling. Life will teach her that lesson," Shaun said, smiling warmly, surprised that Astrid was so bothered. He never really understood the dislike between Astrid and Trish. Astrid was his perfect little wife, and he couldn't imagine anyone not loving her. Trish was a fun, rebellious spirit that always fascinated him in a good way. He couldn't understand why these two couldn't just leave each other in peace.

"I hope so," Astrid replied, still angry. "Now we're in danger of Alpha Erik's displeasure."

"Well, we've been in danger since yesterday."

"What do you mean?"

"I shouldn't tell you, Astrid," Shaun cautioned, seeing his wife nodding seriously, her face suddenly emotionless. "Alpha Erik came to Dean yesterday with a proposal for an alliance against the South."

"What?!"

"He was very diplomatic about it, though. He suggested combining our strength to bring prosperity to the South that's supposed to 'destroy itself'."

"Some of these savages could use a lesson in behavior. Of course, not all of them are like that, but the South has never been a role model for Eastern packs."

"That's not a reason to wage war, though, is it, Astrid?"

"Apparently, Alpha Erik didn't propose war."

"But he did want a revolution within the South instigated by his people. Doesn't that concern you?"

"Yeah, maybe, I guess."

"Alpha Dean was very firm in his rejection, which I believe angered Alpha Erik profoundly. So today was actually the second decline Alpha Erik received."

"May the Moon Goddess help us. I expected more from Dean. Poor Alpha Erik, rejected twice. He probably wanted to marry Trish to heal the potential wounds after their discussion and strengthen the alliance. And all his effort, rejected like this, publicly."

"Well, I don't think Dean or Arne appreciated his gesture. They want what's best for the pack and for Trish."

"Sometimes sacrifices must be made," Astrid muttered to herself, turning around from her husband to face the mirror.

"Dear, you shouldn't worry about all this politics. Don't lose sleep over it. I'm always here to protect you from any threat - whether it's a large army or an insolent girl," Shaun said, approaching Astrid and wrapping his arms around her waist, tickling her. She couldn't help but smile.

"Stop it!" she playfully turned to him.

"Or what are you going to do, my love?"

Astrid knew exactly what she wanted to do. She tickled him back, eliciting a hearty laugh from him. She loved Shaun profoundly. He always helped ground her and make her feel happy. She felt the electricity flowing between them. It was always like that with Shaun. When the mate bond snapped, she felt all the forces between them - electrical tingles, magnetic attraction, crushing waves of arousal. It was all there. Shaun completed Astrid.

Shaun cupped her face with his hands, and they stopped tickling. He kissed her deeply, exploring her mouth with his tongue. His hands travelled around her body, making her pleasantly shiver under his caress. His breathing grew shallow, her heart started beating much faster. The desire was forming in Astrid's gut. She snaked her legs around his waist, and he gently put her on the bed, continuing his seductive onslaught. Could it last forever, Astrid thought.

She stroke her hand across his bare chest, still in awe how firm his abs were, carved out in all the trainings. She felt his hands on her thighs, squeezing them, sending an electrical wave to her groin and nipples. He took her pajama top off and kissed one of her hard nipples. He massaged her another breast with his hand, enjoying her moans of pleasure.

Shaun had never been the patient one when it came down to making love. He knew how Astrid enjoyed the foreplay, but he needed her so much, he couldn't resist himself to be in her. He almost tore down her shorts, taking them off, and slipped out of his boxers. His movements became more heated, more rough, and Astrid lied there in anticipation. He squeezed her thighs and entered her with a moan. She sighed getting used to him in her. He continued his thrusts, holding her in his hands, almost paralyzing her every movement. The only thing Astrid could do was to get her head up and take her long breathes, interrupted by her screams of pleasure. She liked giving up control to him, to be his puppet. Astrid felt her muscles clench around his manhood giving both of them an additional pleasure. One of Shaun's arm was around her shoulders, another – on her thigh. He then let her shoulders go and cupped her buttocks with his free arm. He squeezed, making her spread her legs wider, welcoming all of him. Deeper, faster, stronger. "More," she whimpered, feeling she was near. "More," she asked again. "More!" she screamed. And just like that, they were both undone. An electrical pleasure rushed through two bodies, both twitched and froze in their orgasm. Astrid arched her back, throwing her head to the back, finally feeling satisfied to the utmost. Maybe this time it would be a success and she would conceive.

As they both panted, they suddenly heard a loud bang and a crash, as if someone had violently broken down the door. Astrid froze, looking at Shaun with fear in her eyes. She wanted to ask him what was happening, but he put his finger to his lips, signaling for them to stay quiet. He slipped out of bed and put his pants on. They heard more noises—voices, growls, and someone falling down the stairs.

"Stay here," he whispered, and she nodded. He carefully opened the door and disappeared. The only thought that circled in Astrid's head was: 'What is happening?' She was terrified.