Time: 2.1

Chapter 2: Poison

2 years later...

The Dreemurr siblings had just finished a fan-favorite film that featured talking lions and eating lots of bugs; delicious.

Asriel, now thinner and taller, gets up from the couch and stretches, grinning. "Wowie, that's one of my favorite movies!"

Chara, now chubby and well-fed, along with being much brighter in complexion, rests her head against the couch and smirks. "Had no idea you liked it so much. We've only seen it 87 times in a row," she quips sarcastically.

	Asriel bounces on his feet

Asriel bounces on his feet. "Being king one day will be so cool! It's like that one song, 'oh I juuuuust can't waiiiiiit to be king!'" Asriel sings with an angelic voice.

Chara chuckles and pulls out a knife. "Why wait?" she asks while beginning to march towards the Dreemurr parent bedroom menacingly.

Asriel screams and grabs Chara around the waist. "CHARA, NO!"

The human chuckles and pokes her finger with the edge of the blade. No blood trickles. "You see? This is just a toy knife. I was only kidding." Leaning in toward her fluffy brother, she snorts as she wipes tears from Asriel's cheeks. "Big kids don't cry, you know."

Asriel shakes his head. "How am I supposed to know that you were kidding?!" He bows his head, rubbing his shoulder. "I know Mom hid the knives, but I got worried that you found a real one when you're not supposed to."

Chara coughs and readjusts her sleeves, ensuring they cover her arms entirely. "I'd never hurt you, mother, or father intentionally. It's just that..." She grumbles. "Nevermind."

Asriel scratches his fluffy scalp quickly, to the point of shedding. "You thinking about when you laughed off Dad's accidental buttercup poisoning?"

Chara rubs her elbow. "Was to cope. I regret it now, and I hope he doesn't see me any lesser."

"He still loves you!" Asriel happily bleats.

"...How could the king of monsters still love me when his poisonous child, a human no less, poisoned him..." Chara whispers, looking away.

Asriel reaches out for one of Chara's sleeves, but she pulls her wrist away. The goat child gulps and rests a hand on her shoulder. "Who said you were poison?"

Chara grits her teeth and shanks her foot into the floorboards, crackling the wood. "All my life, I've been a poison to my family. My mom didn't want me, my dad saw me as a burden, and now I'm here hurting the very ones I truly love; my real family." Blood trickles from her bitten lip. "I AM poison, brother of mine. And one of these days, that poison will sink into your veins and the very veins of mother and father."

Asriel cries slightly and brings in Chara for a hug. "Don't say that...you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I needed a friend like you who...just sees me as me. Not just some snooty prince in a tower."

Chara chokes back tears. She snickers and brings in Asriel for a sibling noogie. "You're such a softy, literally."

Asriel laughs while patting his tuft of fur. "Watch the wool!"

Chara releases her brother, then nods and rubs her chin. "Well...you did tell me that I could tell you anything."

Asriel nods. "Of course! You're my best friend. Whatever you want, I'm here to help."

Chara smiles bitterly, red eyes gleaming. "I have a plan...to free the monsters at long last...you, father, mother, and all of our friends will be free and move to the surface."

Asriel bleats happily and hugs Chara tightly. "Golly, that sounds amazing! I'd love to hear more."

Chara pats Asriel on the back and releases him. "Just follow my lead, ok? When the time comes, all you have to do is get buttercup flowers for me. Then, you'll follow my instructions."

Asriel scratches his ear. "Are you sure this is gonna work?"

Chara nods. "I'd never steer you wrong; we're best friends forever. I've got everything under control."

Asriel's soul leaps. "I'm gonna see the sun for real!" he exclaims. "And the moon and stars...it's gonna be so awesome!"

	Asriel trots into the kitchen to grab a snack, but Chara doesn't follow

Asriel trots into the kitchen to grab a snack, but Chara doesn't follow. Her cheeks may be dry, but the rain clouds in her soul drown her. "I don't need to tell him the rest. I've done my research and prepared my steps; it's all coming together," she whispers to herself. "I have 24 hours to live. And not only will my loved ones finally be free, but I can finally cut the humans down myself, with my soul fortifying his, and then...then, everything will be as it should be...right?"

Chara sighs and walks into the bedroom, clenching her stomach. "It'll be ok, Azzy...I'll do the hard part." Her lip quivers, soul trembling. "You can do the easy part, and we'll all be free."

Chara hated humanity. But she loved her best friend forever and cherished her time with him. The fallen human's brain was filled with both fire and water, steam clouding her mind.