50

Past continues….

Writer’s pov

are you sure that annual retreat is the right time for the announcement?” grace asked tightening her fingers around my arm,

“my sweet you need to relax okay? it’s a perfect opportunity, our family, friends and allies will be there”

But he knew not all of his family is there his thirteen year old sister is all by herself in their home unbeknownst to the world hiding in plain sight, he smiled as he thought how excited Rose would be to meet grace, he made his mind to convince his dad to let him tell grace about Rose, he needs to trust grace she is going to be his daughter in law now he thought as hiding such a huge secret made him feel guilty.

They were here for their retreat and as planned Alex brought grace with him to introduce her to kuzbetovs and nikolaevs.

The introductions went well until Irina walked in,

“hey” she smiled at Alex which he decided to pretend he didn’t hear or see.

“hi” grace smiled at Irina and leaned closer to Alex marking her territory, Irina didn’t even bother to hide her jealousy and stormed off which surprisingly no one noticed.

“I can’t wait for the boys to join us tommorow” grace’s attention drew to elders conversation and she inquired.

“boys?”

“Damien and xavin, and my brothers” Alex reminded her making her nod in recollection.

“can’t wait for dinner” grace mumbled shifting on her feet in excitement.

“I can’t wait for dessert” Alex whispered huskily making sure to brush her ear with his lip, he smirked and grace visibly shuddered and clenched her thighs to control the wetness pooling in core.

“looks like it’s gonna pour....loads” he announced with a playful glint in his eye making grace’s cheeks heat up in embarrassment even though she was the only one who understood the double meaning behind the simple sentence.

“Rain?” they inquired in confusion as it was almost the beginning of summer.

“okay we should get settled” nathaniel said and everyone followed going to their respective rooms.

As soon as they entered inside the bedroom Alex was pushed on the door and moaned as grace kissed him wildly while unbuttoning his shirt simultaneously,

“now...about that rain” Grace said breathlessly as she broke the kiss after forever.

“you better make it pour” she smirked as she swiped everything off the dresser table abd climbed on it.

“whatever you wish milady” he said with a huge grin while settling on his knees.

Irina clenched her fists digging her nails in her palms as tears trickled down her cheeks, it took all her strength for her to not go inside their room and kill grace, but she had much bigger plans so she stood outside their room listening to their giggles and love making using it as a fuel to her fire to prepare her for something she was dying to do.

.

.

Her mother looked  at her worried as she spiraled and spiraled her hair around the curling rod to make her straight her into luscious curls just like grace, she watched as her daughter sat there throwing stuff, having breakdowns and magically mixing her lipsticks to make the perfect red the signature red grace never fails to wear, Irina looked a mess as she spiraled deeper into the dark path she chose.

When she was satisfied that she looked like grace’s clone she smiled at her mother, a empty eyed fake smile ready to go and face her love at the most dreaded dinner.

She poked her fork at her own thigh as she watched Alex and grace who were inseparable they didn’t have inch of distance between them the hold time Alex refused to let go of her hand and they kept feeding each other giggling occasionally pecking or kissing abd mumbling sweet nothings to each other, she panicked a tear threatened to fall from her eye but thankfully Alex rose from his seat and cleared his throat catching everyone’s attention.

“I have an announcement” he looked around at everyone at the table skipping Irina as if she was invisible to him,

“no scratch that we have an announcement” he smiled looking down at grace and tugging her hand in his hold to make her stand, she blushed as stood up,

“I am pregnant” she said beaming with happiness her smile so wide and bright it made everyone gasp and laugh and cheer.

He laughed And pulled her in a hug for a passionate kiss and twirled her around as everyone flooded around them.

Irina didn’t realize that she wasn’t poking her thigh with the fork anymore.

“oh no baby” her mother whispered as she gasped in horror and Irina looked down to see the fork jammed down to her thigh she pulled it out with a jerk and let her mother walk her out.

Irina screamed and cried and broke whatever she could find as Alex and grace danced and celebrated with everyone downstairs, her mom had to leave her too everyone kept asking about her and she couldn’t let anybody find out about irinas mental state.

It did started raining, it was unexpected but a lot of things were happening unexpectedly.

Grace took early leave as she was tired but Alex decided to Stat as he had to talk to his father about Rose.

After almost three hours of drilling and grilling they all agreed that it was best to tell grace about Rose, he was so happy he jogged in rain from the patio towards his room that was across the garden, not caring if he was getting wet,

“my love” he said with a smile scanning the room but soon the color from his face drained as he saw grace on the floor covered in her own blood,

“GRACE” he screamed

“no no no no” he cried as he fell on his knees holding her in his arms he caressed her face, grace groaned as she tried to form words and his eyes lit up with hope as he realized she was still conscious.

“my love my life please stay still” he cried as he screamed for help.

“I.. irina” she groaned before she went limp In his arms.

So I know I was gone for long again.... you all know I didn’t have a phone but what you don’t know is my son my little jaan met an accident and suffered from severe burns, he is healed but his health took a serious hit please remember him in your prayers

Turkey and Syria are in my duas may Allah bring ease to them.