Chapter 2

Everything went wrong.

    Everything went very, very wrong.

    The moment I turned the key to the side, and the top of the floating heart slowly flipped open, there was nothing for the next few seconds. Then it happened. I felt a surge of power rush through my body, causing every muscle and fibre to lock up then release with the sensation of my presence being revealed. I felt my vision turn white but I didn't see what had happened after my sight was blinded.

    From a third person perspective, biolumeniscent markings began to appear upon my skin, revealing every dot that represented a constellation or just a special spectacle of random dots. My eyes were glowing a golden glow that seemed to seem into my veins. Was that the least of my worries? Nope. I didn't realize the absolute magnitude that would follow my presence be known. The moment the floating heart opened, a power surge of magic shot into the sky—it was invisible to the human eye, but to a demon's eye or someone of magic? It was a magnificent yet fearful sight. It was a pillar of magic and power that shot into the sky and heavens above—piercing the atmosphere and piercing the different realms, it broke into the Celestial Heavens and made the very heavens tremble with powerful earthquakes never seen before. For the humans, it made a drastic weather change that was a force outside of the Weather center of Megapolis and slight tremors that didn't freak out the humans. For demons, many ran for cover or held onto whatever they could at feelings the presence of such power. Pulses of magic formed and traveled all over the world—as if saying "HERE I AM, COME AND FIND ME!"

It lasted a total of five minutes before it ended and I was released from the chokehold the floating heart had over me. I let out a sharp gasp I felt my body relax but it took me out of my liberation pose and I moved to sit on my knees, feeling and watching as my body went back to normal—the markings disappearing. I quickly raised my head while breathing heavily and held onto the key tightly, grabbing the floating heart and forcing the key in—locking the heart. The floating heart closed and the pillar of power pulled down, the tremors and pulses ceasing to an end.

Everything went quiet as I stared and watching the floating heart dissolve back into my body and I groaned softly before falling face forward into the sand, putting my arms into the sand to brace my body as I focused on calming myself down.

Never again. Never.

I didn't realize the full repercussions of my actions. When you let your "Presence Be Known" you either, don't have it locked when you enter a world or you keep it locked to avoid situations like these. I thought I would be fine, but nope. No matter. What done is done.

The soft chimes of the sweet sound of music was brought to my ears, making my mind slowly grasp back onto reality after my body found it's calming breathing cycle. I used my left arm to slowly reach back to my ear, and I felt the formation what seemed to be a ear cuff in the shape of a seahorse. I felt for a button and tapped it twice, causing the music that played in both of the *Akasha Terminals connected at my ears to pause.

    *Akasha Terminal is a bluetooth type technology similar to that of a bluetooth earpiece. Instead of going directly into the ear like bluetooth earpieces, they cuff around the ear and can only be taken off by the user, or can be destroyed if the Akasha is hit with greater force. Victoria's Akasha is a customized piece of technology given to her as an early 17th birthday gift by the gatekeeper of the Hoyoverse Fandom—for her time spent in the Genshin Impact multiverse. It is also waterproof.

    I pulled back on my knees and rolled my shoulders, rolling my neck as well in a stretching manner as I finally got my mind to clear. Looking around I noticed to find the sealife that was once peaceful, all gone and hiding. I frowned softly at this. They must have gotten scared off by what had happened. I sighed, "There goes my meditation for the day." I mumbled softly, before checking the time on my seawatch. It was about 10am in the morning. I had been out in the ocean for about three hours then, since I went out here around 7am, after having a healthy breakfast. "It's best to get going then. I'm sure demons will be swarming this area to find out where that beacon came from." I sighed before looking to the fish and bowing my head in respect, "Thank you for allowing me to use this area for the day, and I'm sorry for the scare." I knew I couldn't exactly understand them but I hoped they took my response well.