Ch. 14: The Great Wall Race

─────────ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ─────────

(Edit: My Birthday and Victoria's birthday is May 18th I meant to publish this yesterday)
Woo! Back in business baby! Got my SAT done, got this chapter done, also fun fact! Today is both mine and Victoria's birthday and there will be a birthday chapter after Season 3! Considering that in this story, it's still February 17th for Victoria back on Outlander Prime—once I get done with Season 3—From Season 1 to Season 3, the dates are February 17th-Feburary 20th. When we get to Season 4, we would have reached what is currently happening now, with Victoria being 18 and having graduated highschool! That allows her the summer and to have more time to deal with the events of Season 4 before she goes off to college! Can't wait to see you all then!

─────────ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ─────────

A montage of racecars zoomed past, each racing each other. It looked like something out of NASCAR or the Cars film series. The revving of the engines, the roaring of the fans! The blinding of the lights, the adrenaline in your pumping heart! Oh the glory!

"Once a year, this city becomes more than a city. Once a year, these streets... become more than streets. This year... the winner will become... immortal!"

The camera that once oversaw the racers now cut to and zoomed out to reveal a giant trophy, shaped in that of a Peach of Immortality... as such, it soon faded to black.

A collective montage of gasps coming from two teenagers was soon heard as the announcement went to black on the TV. MK and Mei had stared up at the screen, eyes wide with wonder and awe, both practically shaking with excitement.

"A Peach of Immortality?!" MK exclaimed in shock, his eyes widened, still in shock as he tried to comprehend this information. Mei shared his excitement and shock about the whole announcement, until someone cleared their throat.

"Uh. Peach of what now?" Pigsy asked, arms crossed as he looked at the two. Big Mistake. The two teenagers let out gasps of horror at what he said.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PEACHES OF IMMORTALITY ARE?!" MK exclaimed, Mei letting out a disappointed huff as she and MK soon began to rant at Pigsy for not knowing what the Peaches of Immortality were, until someone else spoke up, causing both teenagers to stop flailing their arms around and looking to the eldest teenager of their group.

"MK, Mei. You do realize that not everyone is a history guru like us right?" I spoke up, raising a brow as I did so at the scene that just performed before me. I had been released from being grounded by Monkey King—YES!—and was allowed to continue my training and use of magic once again. Despite this, over these past few days I've been feeling a chill crawl up my spine. It was like a spider but I knew that was not the case. It sent goosebumps all over my skin and I unfortunately knew the cause. The Demon Bull King was trying to dig out the tomb. It was weird how despite being far away from their base, I could still feel the effects of that dark, and powerful magic. Not as powerful as mine but it's been putting my senses on haywire. It didn't sit right with me. My thoughts soon were cut short as I heard Mei speak up.

"But–"

Tang cleared his throat and interrupted Mei, "If you'd allow me," he brought out his book and I playfully rolled my eyes at the dramatic flair he was doing, and as he began to explain, I couldn't help but lean back and close my eyes, allowing the memories of how the episode showed the whole scene unroll as a movie in my thought.