Chapter 7: A Hero is Born - Part 1

"The thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished. There maybe no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey..."

A silky voice narrated, surroundings shifting to match the description from which the story was being told. It was a bright and sunny day, children laughing, people visiting the market, all going on with their daily lives.

"Rising from the Netherworld, the Demon Bull King attacked!"

The Demon Bull King, a powerful demon king, sworn brother to Sun Wukong, he attacked the village. The scene shifting to show the true devastation from his onslaught of attacks. With his hooves and giant axe, he destroyed the village, ensuing suffering and terror into the hearts of those who survived, helpless to fight back and defend their home.

"No one could stop him, no one could resist. No one except... the legendary Monkey King!"

Monkey King, Great Sage Equal to Heaven, he appeared from the sky in a ray of golden light, armor gleamed and pristine. From standing upon the clouds above, the heavens shed their light upon him—the saviour of the world. From his ear, he summoned a tiny staff that transformed and became bigger and he stared down his sworn brother—now enemy—with a confident smile on his face. From on top the clouds, he gently descended to land onto a piece of debris, never letting his gaze fall from the Demon Bull King. Angered, the Demon Bull King ran forward and attacked—thus beginning their final battle. The battle was glorious. With each attack Monkey King sent towards Demon Bull King, he won. Clones appearing from strands of his hair, plucked from his head, they appeared and helped attack. Demon Bull King was overwhelmed—he would lose this fight. But he wouldn't back down! That was until...

"The Monkey King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain. He trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it."

Demon Bull King was slammed into the mountain, Monkey King holding the other half with his staff, he stared down his sworn brother, emotionless and sent the half he had down upon the Demon Bull King, sealing him into a stony tomb.

"The Monkey King sealed the mountain with the staff that no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever."

"With the battle won, the Monkey King vanished, never to be seen again."

Monkey King watched the staff, as well as the surroundings, the light from heaven and the sun shined down upon him, blessing their hero. He soon turned away and walked off, vanishing from the world, never to be seen again...

"Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain, the one thing keeping our world from certain destruction."

"And with the Demon Bull King gone, civilization was able to advance into the amazing city we now live in."

Centuries passed and thus civilization grew, untampered with the non-existent threat of a demon overlord. There was peace, and with peace came a golden era.

"A world of elegant cultures, gentle loving people, a city brimming with five-star cuisine, and all because of the Monkey King."

As the voice finished his narration, another, more younger and filled with life and happiness joined in, "OHHH, that's so good! Monkey King's so cool! He's so strong and handsome–" The boy let out a whoop as he tossed a red book that he held into the air, and before it could hit the ground, a long tail with a large fan fin at the end sprung out to catch the book on top of it, holding the book up, "Of course he is MK! After fighting all those demons, I would imagine he would be so strong," Another voice piqued up from a stool. Sitting there was yours truly, and owner of said tail. The one who narrated the story was a man named Tang, who was also a scholar.