Ch. 11: A New Theater Pal

It was a nice peaceful day, the birds were singing, the sun was shining, everything was going perfectly—

"Button mash all you want, MK! You'll never beat my Ancient Galloping Fury Power!" Mei cackled as she moved the buttons on the Monkey Mech arcade machine in a precise and calculated manner.

"Up Smash! Up Smash!" Sandy could be heard, urging MK from standing behind the new teenagers.

"I'm trying Sandy! Okay? I'm trying, I'm trying," MK responded, gritting his teeth as he tried to beat Mei.

I let out a soft groan from my position next to Sandy, "MK you gotta be precise in your movements, button mashing doesn't help in pulling your punches," I spoke, rubbing the back of my neck and letting out a hiss at the strain in my muscles. Sandy heard the hiss and frowned softly, focusing onto me while Mei spoke in the background, something about 'MK not being able to defeat her,'

"Monkey King really went hard on you yesterday huh?" Sandy asked, at which I nodded with a grimace. It's been two, maybe three days since the events of MK and his clone shenanigans and the events that happened with Monkey King. As per the agreement, I came the next day at the designated time to Flower Fruit Mountain for Monkey King to test me regarding on what stage I was at for him to "train me,"

The fight with DBK was nothing compared to the multiple tests that Monkey King put me through. He went and did every little test that he thought of from judging how well I could take a hit to how far I could go with my magic without alerting the Celestial Heavens. From magic combat to up and close physical combat, I hadn't felt this type of training and tests since when Zhongli was training me and putting me up against the most powerful creatures in Liyue, Mondstadt, and Inazuma, as well as Sumeru too now. My muscles strained but the distant familiarity of brutal training was beginning to reenter my mind and my muscle-memory was kicking back into full-gear. After formally assessing me and even gaining a few details of how well engrossed I was with my magic from personal observations, he decided to start with advanced martial arts.

It was obvious that what he was going to start teaching me was far more advanced than what he was doing with MK and there were reasons for that. One, I don't have the same abilities as Monkey King while MK does so there's the first difference in training. Two, I'm more advanced in my training already as well as my skillset and I was more attuned with my power unlike MK who's still getting used to all this power. Think of MK as a baby-beginner, I as an intermediate advanced nearing full on professional, and Monkey King as a professional.

The funniest thing about that day was MK showing up for his training session with Monkey King, only to see me sitting on a rock, drinking some water while talking with Monkey King.

─────────ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ─────────

Flashback...

Monkey King let out a laugh as he landed on the ground, "Man, I knew you were strong but not that strong!" He rolled his arm around to stretch it, watching as I leaned up against a rock, drinking from a canteen of water while catching my breath. Call me old style to drink from a canteen. I wiped some sweat from my forehead as I caught my breathe, letting out a laugh, "Yeah, that's as far as I can go without gaining the attention of the Celestial Heavens, but, if the time calls for it I'll probably let go of restricting myself," I responded, fixing my top—which I was wearing the same outfit from when I first let my "Presence Be Known" out—drinking some more water and feeling the liquid rejuvenate my body.

What I didn't notice was the frown that stretched across his face at my mention of "not holding back when the time calls," he looked up at the sky from the crack in the top of the mountain, 'Just how confident is this kid in her ability to go against the Celestial Heavens?' Then he remembered what she was and remembered the showcase of her abilities and sweat dropped, 'Oh wait, no, she can 100% overthrow the Jade Emperor,' it made him wonder what would it had been like if Victoria was alive during the time he and his sworn brothers were going against the Celestial Heavens.