Chapter 6: End of Prelude

Two days later...

It's been two days since Macaque came into my house two nights ago. I haven't sensed nor seen any sign of him since that night. Not that I would worry about that. I had bigger things to deal with. Yesterday, as planned with Mei, we went to the motorcycle dealership and got my money back and gave the motorcycle back as well—revoking my ownership of said vehicle. After that, she took me to the dealership where we found me a better bike for a better deal. Mei hadn't been kidding when she said this new dealership was the better place. The bikes were more expensive yes, but I could tell the quality difference. The motorcycle Mei recommended, and I chose, was mainly grey, black, silver, and had dark teal highlights. I chose a helmet of a similar design and luckily, the helmet had a mechanism where it would open two holes at the top for my horns to poke through, which I loved a lot.

A lot happened yesterday. After going on my own to test out my new bike which I had been beginning to like a lot, I drove down to the docks, my glamour on to hide my tail so it would be easier to drive the motorcycle, and my wings having sheathed themselves into my back for more balance. I had felt the wind pushing against the tips of my horns that poked out the top, my hands tightening their grip on the handles as I drove past many ships, a growing smile on face. It was there in the docks that I had met—

"Ms. Victoria!"

I blinked out of my thoughts and memories of the previous day, turning my covered head to the 12'6ft sea sprite—is he a sea sprite? I knew he was a river demon in his previous life as Sha Wujing but he might just be a water demon now. I smiled when I saw the tall, and very buff water demon wave from on top of his ship. I brought my hands off and pushed a button, the motorcycle helmet minimizing to a shaded lens clip that I put on my glasses. I took it off and tucked it into my leather jacket, my smiling growing wider when I saw his pet cat on his shoulder, seeming happy to see me.

"Sandy! It's good to see you!" I called out to the demon. That's right. I met Sandy yesterday. I had run into him both literally and figuratively. When driving down through the docks, I was going a bit too fast as I didn't realize anybody would walking around the large shipping crates and yet there was. Sandy was that person. I nearly drove into him as he was carrying a crate back to his ship and out of reflex to stop myself I hit the brakes and unsheathed my wings and brought out my tail.

It was a very bad idea as I ended up hitting my tail against a shipping crate and the fan end got snagged, causing the very tip to rip and cause a tremendous amount of pain.

─────────ೋღ 🌺ღೋ─────────

Flashback...

I let out a sharp gasp as I felt the searing pain flare up from my tail to throughout my body, and I brought the motorcycle to a stop and immediately turned off the engine, hopping off and moving away. I tapped the button on the helmet in haste and quickly took off the clip, shoving it into my jacket as I looked at the tall water demon, who had put down the crate and was looking at me in concern, "Are you alright?" He didn't show any emotion that he could have been hit, he was more focusing on the girl in front of him that seemed to be hurt.

I looked at the water demon, not recognizing his question, my only worry was to apologize and focus on my tail, "I am so sorry! I didn't think anybody would be walking around here so I was going much faster than I was supposed to—" I hissed slightly and brought my tail around, bringing the fan up and noticing the tear that dug into one of the spines. It was leaking blood but sweet lord did it hurt. The water demon was quick to notice this and instantly was at my side, I didn't know a massive demon like him could move that fast.