o. ⸺ elizabeth colter

𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 above her ankles as she ran through the nearby field with the wind blowing through her dark brown locks

𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 above her ankles as she ran through the nearby field with the wind blowing through her dark brown locks. Elizabeth was by no means the most beautiful girl in the Enchanted Forest, but to her father and mother, she was a princess.

She was born in secret to Regina Mills and Daniel Colter, the stable boy on her grandparents' estate. Nobody knew of her existence and Regina strove to ensure her daughter was kept hidden away from her parents — more specifically, her mother. Oftentimes, that meant that Elizabeth lived with her father and saw her mother whenever she was able to escape the overbearing Cora Mills.

Elizabeth closed her eyes and let the coolness of the season spread across her body as the breeze blew through her hair, bringing a soft smile to her face.

She turned away when she heard the panicked neigh of a horse and she saw a boy her age struggling to free his horse from a hole. Elizabeth hurried over to the pair and began petting the horse's mane in an attempt to calm him.

"You're not helping in the slightest," she told the boy, rather forwardly for her, given that she hardly interacted with others. "Don't pull on the reins. You need to go to the hoof's level and free it from there."

The boy looked at her confused. "I'm sorry?"

Elizabeth sighed and got down on her knees below the horse. She took the hoof in her hand and maneuvered it out of the hole and the rock, allowing the horse to run off in happiness of being free. The boy took the reins when he looked down at the girl. He offered her a hand which she accepted with a small smile.

"Thank you," she said, dusting off her dress and looking at the boy.

"I should be the one thanking you," the boy contradicted with a shake of his head. "How did you know to do that?"

She shrugged. "You learn many things when your father is the stable boy," she replied and glanced back at the stable to see her father walking out. "And now is my cue to leave. You should make sure that your horse is alright after everything."

The boy nodded. "I will." Elizabeth smiled and turned toward the stable. "Wait!" She stopped and looked at him, tilting her head. "I never got your name."

"You never asked."

The boy chuckled. "Can I ask what your name is?"

Elizabeth examined the boy with his leather jacket and riding boots and shrugged. "Elizabeth."

"Edward."

⸻ ✧ ✠ ✧ ⸻

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Elizabeth was now seen as the daughter of the Evil Queen. Hardly anybody knew her and yet they always made assumptions about her. She was vain, she was cruel, and she was the complete opposite of Snow White, the daughter of the late King.