iii. ⸺ a familiar nickname

"𝐒𝐎, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 stay in Storybrooke for Hannah and here you are sleeping in your car

"𝐒𝐎, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 stay in Storybrooke for Hannah and here you are sleeping in your car."

Victoria looked up at the sound of Eliza's voice and rolled down the window. Eliza peeked inside and saw a sleeping bag and pillow in the backseat.

"Well, I've had worse," Victoria replied, setting aside her book. "Believe me. It's just until I find a job and somewhere to live."

Eliza nodded. "Alright, then..." she said, trailing off. "If you want somewhere with an actual bed, my apartment has an extra room. It's yours if you want it."

"I couldn't," Victoria said, shaking her head. "Thank you for the offer, really, but I can manage on my own."

"But you don't have to. I think Emma is in the same boat as you," Eliza told her, adjusting the bag on her shoulder. "I think the two of you have a lot more in common than you might think. Just a suggestion. And if you ever change your mind, the room's always available."

"Thank you."

Eliza smiled softly before walking in the other direction of the parked car. Just as she was about to open the door to her apartment, Hannah took her by the arm.

"What are you doing here so late?" she asked, looking down at the young girl. "Does Mom know you're here?"

Hannah shrugged. "She trusts you, I'll be fine. I want to talk to you."

"Right now?" Hannah nodded and Eliza sighed. "Alright, come on in. Let me text Mom first before she starts freaking out that you're missing. Again. You and Henry really need to stop doing this so much."

"Well, we wouldn't have to if she would just let us go every once in a while," Hannah replied, making Eliza furrow her brows. "You know that fairytale book that Miss Blanchard gave us?" Eliza nodded slowly. "Well, there have been some new developments."

"New developments?" she repeated, crossing her arms. "What kind of new developments?"

"We think we can finally put an end to the Evil Queen's curse!" Hannah exclaimed. She was expecting a reaction from her older sister, but Eliza only continued to look at her. "I thought you'd be more excited."

"Hannah, I know that you think that we're all under some curse, that we're fairytale characters stuck in Storybrooke, Maine, but we're not." Eliza shook her head. "I'm not trying to diminish your imagination, but they're just stories."

"They're not!" Hannah exclaimed and Eliza let out a breath. "They aren't, Eliza! You're Snow White's stepsister and the Evil Queen's daughter."

"The Evil Queen who's Mom?" she clarified. Hannah nodded. "Han..."

"Just listen to me!" Hannah insisted, taking her hand. "Please."

Eliza sighed. "You have to understand, Hannah, that you would be telling me that my own mother set a curse that would take away happy endings. Look, I know Mom is strict, but it's just because she cares about the two of you."