vi. ⸺ an unbrotherly bond

𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 close

𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 close. In fact, neither knew the other existed. Edward stayed primarily with his mother, only ever seen out in public with his father when absolutely necessary. And it was usually for King George's own gain.

Even after the death of their father and their own marriages to Elizabeth and Snow White, their relationship remained fractured. Though it certainly didn't help that they found Elizabeth suspicious of working with her mother...

Jonathan sat in his brother's house, feeling incredibly out of place. From the moment he had woken up, it seemed as though he and David were forced to interact with each other. Despite neither having a memory, it felt as though they had unspoken problems with one another.

"Jonathan, thank you for coming." He looked over and saw Kathryn walking toward him. "I know that you don't remember, but it does mean a lot that you came. There was a time when you and David were close."

Jonathan nodded. "I'm afraid I don't remember that," he said, playing with the cup in his hand. "Since you seem to be the only one who remembers, what happened between us? Is there a reason we don't get along?"

Kathryn sighed. "David never told me the full story," she replied quietly. "But it had something to do with your father."

"He wasn't a saint, then?"

She chuckled softly and shook her head. "Not really. You both were raised by your mothers. Now... I've noticed you've spent some time with Eliza Mills."

"She's been nice enough to show me around," he said nonchalantly and Kathryn narrowed her eyes at her brother-in-law.

"Sure... If you'll excuse me, I should try and find my husband."

Jonathan nodded and was left alone once again. In another part of the living room, Hannah and Henry were with Victoria and Emma, once again discussing their plan for Jonathan and David to get their memories back.

Victoria, however, was distracted. She had been re-reading Princess Elizabeth's story and as much as she didn't want to believe it... part of it made sense. Why she was never able to find any record of her parents. Why Hannah always told her that she and Eliza had similarities that couldn't be explained. And Eliza's observation that she and Jonathan had the same nose.

"Hey." Victoria looked up at the sound of the voice and saw Jonathan standing in front of her. "Do, uh, do you know if Eliza is coming today?"

"Oh." She nodded and cleared her throat. "Her oven broke, so she's trying to fix it. Sorry. She sends her apologies, too."

Jonathan nodded. "Oh. Thanks."

"Do you know how to ride a horse?" Hannah asked him before he could leave and he looked back at her in confusion.