ii. ⸺ a daughter of fairytales

"𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 destroy everybody's happiness! And you're sitting here doing nothing!"

"What would you have me do, Snow?" Elizabeth asked, standing beside the fireplace and facing her stepsister. "I have no powers strong enough to defeat her. Do you think that I just woke up one day and decided that I would allow her to do this? No. But I can't do anything."

"She'd take away your happiness, too," Snow White continued and Elizabeth rolled her neck in frustration. "Your future with Edward... your family..."

"Don't lecture me about family," Elizabeth scoffed, shaking her head. "You never made one effort to try and get to know me. You spread dozens of rumors about me that aren't true. And you know it."

"Charming, why are you here?" Edward asked, standing behind his wife and looking at his brother. "You never tried to contact us before. Why now?"

He sighed. "We got married yesterday. And your mother showed up, Elizabeth."

"I'm guessing it wasn't a good surprise?" she asked, glancing between the newly-married couple.

Snow shook her head. "She said she would take away our happiness if it was the last thing she did. And then Charming threw his sword at her. She vanished before anything happened."

Elizabeth nodded. "So, you tried to kill my mother..." She sat down on the chair and held her head in her hands. "What do you want from us? Just tell us and leave us alone."

"We want your help stopping her," Snow said and Elizabeth and Edward glanced at each other. "Please."

Elizabeth let out a breath and walked over to the door of the cabin. "It was good to see you, Snow. Congratulations on your marriage."

"Elizabeth, please."

"You have to give me time, Snow," she said, shaking her head. "It was good to see you both." Snow and Charming glanced at each other before walking out of the cabin. Edward looked at his wife and she leaned against the door. "We have to help them, don't we?"

"You don't have to do anything," he told her, kissing her forehead.

Elizabeth looked at him. "But you're gonna help them, aren't you?" Edward's gaze softened and she sighed. "I can't let everybody else lose their happiness because of her." She straightened herself upright and crossed her arms. "We have to stop her."

⸻ ✧ ✠ ✧ ⸻

"𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎."

Victoria looked up from her seat at Granny's to see a cup of coffee placed in front of her. She furrowed her brow. "I didn't order any coffee."