Inside My Brain

•Katarina's POV•

The first few rays of sunlight peaked through the curtains, rousing me from my sleep.

I groan and roll onto my left side, shielding my eyes from the harsh light with my pillow. I eventually coax my eyes open, letting them adjust to the new light.

I heave myself off of my bed, which was nothing but a single queen sized mattress on the floor and padded my way to the window. I spread open the curtains to reveal a bright and sunny San Francisco day. I opened the panes, letting the fresh, sweet summertime air into my lungs.

Smiling, I then make my way to my art studio. I had set it up in what was supposed to be the second bedroom, because it had a balcony which overlooked Haight Street, giving me plenty of inspiration for my artwork.

I slipped on my paint-splattered smock over my "pajamas", a plain-white tank-top and a pair of boxer shorts, grabbed my palette, squirted on the colors that I knew I was gonna need and made my way to the already-set-up easel, near the open balcony doors.

Without hesitation, I put my brush to work right away.

I never put any thought beforehand into what to draw, I just let myself go with the flow, and somehow, I always knew what to paint.

As the bristles of my brush wash over the canvas, I let my mind drift off, remembering my days with Ville Valo...