Fox On the Run

•Ville's POV•

I walk off the stage, my sweat-drenched hair sticking to the sides of my face. We had played a decent show. The crowd had been eager and their energy had enticed us, coaxing us into one of our best performances yet. I felt satisfied and content as I made my way back to my dressing room. The sound of the roaring crowd now fading behind me as I got closer to my door. In front of my dressing room door, a small gathering of teenaged girls had already begun to form. Shrill shrieks escaped them as I came into sight. I nodded to Sven, my regular bodyguard, who then held back the fanatic teens with ease. Quickly I dart into the room and shut the door behind me in a haste, muffling out the sounds of the auditorium. I lean back against the door, letting a sigh escape me. Finally, I thought. With the last show of the tour over with, I could fly back home. Hopefully I'd get there in time to see Kat.

I pull my sweaty shirt up over my head and toss it on top of my suitcase, which lay open by the door, unbutton my pants and kick off my boots. I walk over to the bathroom and start the shower. I set the water to scalding hot, and within seconds the room fills with a thick cloud of steam. I let my pants fall to my ankles and stepped out of them, whisking them away with my foot. I then let myself into the steaming chamber, water stinging my pale flesh. It was a bit hot, but I shrugged it off and began to wash myself, singing under my breath. "Youu-ohh are the oneee..." Thoughts of what lay ahead of me filled my head. Thoughts of Katarina...

My flight had landed early and I now found myself surrounded by the luxury of familiarity. I step out of the airport and into the crisp Finnish air. The all-too-familiar sting met my cheeks as a gust of wind blew past, making me shudder slightly. I quickly decide to find the nearest hotel. I hail a cab. The first two zoom past me, as if I hadn't been seen and finally one comes to a halt before me. I get into the back seat, which was a tight fit with all of my luggage with me. I cursed the driver silently for not having bothered with the trunk, and sighed as he looked at me.

"Minne olet minossa?" He asked where I was headed, the tone in his voice telling me that he was quickly becoming impatient. "Hotel Kämp..." I said, glowering at him. I felt the cab jerk as he pulled out onto the street wildly. Through the windows I watch my hometown go by. Nostalgia wrapping it's claw-like hands around my heart. I sat in silence and awe as we drove towards my destination.

As we rode through the shopping district, I caught a glace at HIM's first venue, "Jäävuori", The Iceberg and a couple of the places I had lived during the first year that the band got together. As we drove by the Ice bar, my heart skips a beat when I notice Kat sitting with her sister Lufia at a little cafe. My heart begins to flutter wildly.

"STOP!...Stop the cab!" I exclaim, screaming at the driver. Shocked, he then began swerving, obviously not prepared for my sudden outburst. He promptly regained control of the car and brought it to an abrupt stop.

"Are you crazy!?" He began to swear at me furiously but I didn't care. I threw a few crumpled bills at him, grabbed my luggage and swiftly stepped out onto the sidewalk. "Thanks for the ride, bub!" I said as I slammed the door shut behind me. That's when I realized that most of the street had stopped to look at the commotion that I had caused.

Some people stared cautiously and others peeked over their newspapers, unsure of what was happening. I laughed to myself and checked to see if Kat was looking, but in my dismay she was gone. Nowhere to be seen. A sudden wave of anger overcame me. Cursing, I grabbed my luggage from the ground and began my long trek to the hotel. I was about twenty yards away when I heard a familiar voice from somewhere behind me, "Ville?"