#DDMS23

#DDMS23

XANTIEL

"GOOD MORNING, puppy!"

The sweet giggles of Feuille woke me up. My view was still a little hazy, and I didn't even notice that I fell asleep last night.

Oh, last night . . .

I remembered what happened. And it painted a smile on my face.

There are just so many things that are attractive about Feuille. Her lips that always pout when I tease her, her eyes that always roll at my jokes, her hair that I always find so sexy whether it's tied up, let down, or in between my fingers when we make love.

Feuille . . . has always made me feel good. And it's not just about sex. From the conversations we share that end up in hours, to the inside jokes that we come up with in seconds. Every moment with her is just goddamn amazing.

Fuck, I even love the failed recipes we create in the kitchen after trying out something we just saw on the internet.

I love sleeping with her. Love waking up next to her. I love . . .

Her.

And today, I'm gonna tell her.

I'm going to let her know these three fucking words that my heart's been drilling in my head every time I am with her.

"Feuille," I said as I turned around towards the side of her bed. "I love—"

The image of a beautiful young woman with red lips and short black hair lying beside me melted away, and the dark sheets of my bed spread empty before me.

"Feuille?"

Agad akong bumangon. Wearing just a pair of black denim pants, nagmadali akong maglakad palabas ng kuwarto at tumungo pababa ng hagdanan.

"You in the kitchen?" I yelled.

But there was no response. No sound made. Not even a tiny clink of a spoon against a glass that she always makes.

I licked my lip slowly. Where the hell is she? Kinakabahan akong umakyat muli, papunta sa kaniyang kuwarto.

Sa harapan ko ay ang matangkad na pintuang nakasarado. Hinawakan ng nanlalamig kong kamay ang busol bago pihitin ito.

"Please fucking be here," I whispered under my breath before tightening the grip on the door knob. "Please."

Pagbukas ng pintuan, nakita ko ang maayos niyang kuwarto. Makinis ang sapin ng kama, malinis ang tokador.

Malinis lahat.

No . . . I'm sure that it's just one of her fucking games.

Bumalik ako sa kuwarto para hanapin ang cell phone ko. I opened the app which I use to track her phone's location.

Fyul's iPhone has been disconnected.

The fuck?

May natitira pa 'kong alas. Binigyan ko siya ng choker na may comm-button kung saan may location device. I told her to turn it off at times, especially when she needs privacy, but . . .

I swallowed hard as I swiped my phone, my thumb too nervous to press the button. Huminga muna ako nang malalim bago pindutin ito.

Tangina. Wala.

"Feuille, kung isa ito sa mga laro mo," I grunted, biting my lip in frustration. "Hindi na 'ko natutuwa. Lagot ka sa 'kin kapag nahanap kita!"

Nilakasan ko ang boses ko, kung sakali mang nasa bahay lang siya't nagtatago.