Qiqi Panic

After Venti left, Xiao too hurried back home

As for Venti, he rushed back with speed.

As soon as he was back home he called out from outside while unlocking the door,"Qiqi, Paimon. I am back home!"
He went inside and was very relieved to see them both playing with dolls.

"Are you both hungry? I am sorry. It took me so much time...", Venti said with worry as he rushed into the kitchen.

"You can take your time. I am not yet hungry and Paimon should not be either.", Qiqi said to Venti. Her voice seemed to tremble a bit as she spoke.

"Hmm! Paimon loved the bread she ate!", said Paimon with a satisfied grin.

Venti quickly made the rice and fish curry and fried some vegetables. He was done in about an hour.
"Oh... its so late. Paimon, Qiqi, wash your hands. Dinner is ready"
"Okay!"

Soon they were sitting together on the floor instead of the dining table.
Paimon had once fallen down from the chair and ever since, they all sat on the floor to have their meals.

"You made this so quickly...", said Qiqi as Venti gave her the plate.
"Hmm? I made it in a hurry. It might not taste the best. Here, Paimon, this is yours", he handed Paimon a plate full of rice and fish and vegetables.

Neither of the girls complained about the food or the vegetables. Paimon ate all of her share and wasted nothing.
Venti saw that Qiqi was eating very slowly.

"Qiqi... what is it? Are you not feeling well? Do you want me to call sister Ayaka?"
Qiqi looked at Venti with eyes which were filled with horror. Venti suddenly got very worried. "Qiqi!? What is it!? You look so scared..."

"Brother...I... saw blood..."

"Blood...? Where?"

Qiqi suddenly became teary eyed and started speaking with a voice that was shaking.

"Brother... am... am I dying?"

"What!? Are you bleeding? Did you get hurt!? Let me see"

Venti got really worried. He kept his meal unfinished and rushed to the sink to wash his hands. He then immediately went to Qiqi.

"Where did you get hurt? Show me"

"It... hurts... and I saw blood..."

Qiqi said everything to Venti very vaguely. Venti immediately picked up his phone and was about to call for Ayaka when his phone started ringing. He was about to not receive the call but mistakenly picked it up.

"Umm?... hello? Is this you Venti?"

Venti put the phone in his ears as he immediately recognized the voice.

"Xiao?"

"Venti... I was just calling to make sure that this was your number. I have a lot of numbers on my phone and got confused for a bit"