Breakdown

After Venti had calmed down, Xiao looked into his eyes and spoke,

"Tomorrow...you must not do anything rash without thinking "

Venti looked down.

"I... cannot promise that to you Xiao... I had sworn to myself that I would never lie to you... and that is why I am saying this right now.", Venti held Xiao's hands and continued, "I... may not be alive after the battle. This could very well be the last time that we can be together like this... Since it was my fault to begin with, i must be the one to fix this. I-"

Xiao kept his hand on Venti's lips and said,"No... I don't want to hear that!"

Venti gently took Xiao's hand and placed it over his chest.

"Do you hear it? My heart beating?"

Xiao nodded.

"That means that I am well and alive. And this heart will never stop beating Xiao... as long as you are there by my side... even if I am gone... I'll always be there within you"

"Don't say that Venti. I cannot loose you. Venti... I finally got to love you in this life. I don't want this all to just end up as a memory. This is my reality and I want to live like this with you forever. For my sake, don't fight Istaroth alone. Take me with you. Even if its hell, even it its an endless void- i will be there with you."

"You cannot Xiao. Your contract with Rex Lapis hasn't ended yet."

"I... won't abonden my duties. All I am asking you to do is... be careful. All I want is for you to come back alive", Xiao said and hugged Venti.

Venti didn't say anything after that. The two kissed each other and Xiao could feel a desperation in Venti's actions.

As the night grew darker, Venti entered his house. As soon as he did, he called out for his sisters.

"Qiqi! Paimon!"

The two immediately came out of their room and the moment they did, Venti embraced them tightly in his arms.

"Umm... brother? Did something happen?", Qiqi asked while Paimon seemed to simply enjoy Venti's hug.

"No... nothing happened...", Venti said softly.

He let the two girls out of his hug and placed both his hands on their heads.

"There is something that I must do..."

"What is it?", Qiqi asked.

But Venti simply gave a smile and said,"I love you two... very much"

"Brother?"

And the next moment, both of the two girls became unconscious. He made them fall asleep with a spell.
Venti laid them on their bed and patted their heads.

"Qiqi... if I do not come back home tomorrow... you can make dinner right?", he spoke as tears ran down his cheeks. "And Paimon has become very good at taking care of herself as well... without me... you two can live... right?"

His jaws shivered and he felt a sharp pain in his head.

He took a pen and a paper and started writing a letter ,

To my dear sisters,
Qiqi and Paimon,

Take care of yourselves. At 7:30 a.m. wake up. And sleep at 11:00 sharp. If you get bullied in class or anywhere, please head to Principal Yae Miko. Or better yet, stand up for yourselves and fight back. Be strong. Be brave.

Unlike me who is so coward that I am writing a letter to you two instead of saying these to you directly. But... more than anything, please remember that I love you two very much.

There is more that I wish to write. But I must take my leave now. I will be back if everything goes well. And if I do not return...

Venti stopped writing at that very line and simply stroke off the very letter. He crumbled it and threw it as tears flowed out of his eyes. "No... I cannot... I want to see you two grow up... I don't want to not return after tomorrow." He held his head as he cried and sat in the corner of the room to calm himself down.

"I... never knew It would be this hard to have people you love ", he said as he placed his hand over his heart.

-

The next day, the archons gathered at Starsnatch Cliff. The breakdown that Venti had gone through last night was not visible on his face anymore. He had a calm look instead.

"Since everyone is here... shall we... begin?", asked Raiden.

Xiao stood beside Ganyu alongside Zhongli. Murata clenched his fists and Nahida looked determined.

Venti looked at everyone and gave a slightly noticeable smile.

He summoned his lyre which seemed to appear out of thin air. "I will bring Istaroth here. And as I do it, a slight distortion will be created. Protect this land from destruction ", he said and looked at everyone one last time. His eyes moved towards Xiao for a second but soon he was facing the other side with the lyre in his hand.

He played a melody.

A weird melody which sounded almost like a lullaby.

As Venti played the lyre, gusts of wind surrounded him. The winds grew stronger and stronger. Zhongli immediately placed a shiled around everyone and Nahida used her roots to make the shild stronger.

And in the midst of the stormy winds, Venti stood- still playing the lyre. And a light shone. A light through which a shining maiden entered. She had golden hair and golden eyes which looked at Venti.

"Is that...Istaroth?", Ganyu asked.

"It indeed is", said Zhongli. "Still the same as she was 5000 years ago"

Istaroth's eyes looked no where but at Venti. Venti stopped playing the lyre .The strong winds also slowly faded away and Zhongli pulled back his shield.

"You finally summoned me... Barbatos", Istaroth spoke.

"Istaroth- he called for you because this game of yours must end now... If its anger that has driven you this far, you disappoint me.", Murata shouted.

"Stop Murata", Venti said. He walked closer to Istaroth and spoke "Istaroth- stop these samsaras, Right now."

"Is that your answer... Barbatos?"

Everyone looked confused. Istaroth started laughing like a maniac and everyone stared at her. But they did not let their guards down.

"So thats is... After everything I've done... you tell me to end it all? That's it? HAHAHAHAH~ Oh My eyes~ They are becoming teary"

"Stop your nonsense!", Murata shouted. His eyes were filled with fire.

But Istaroth simply ignored him and continued saying,

"Things just got interesting. Why would I stop this now?"

___________________^__^__________________