Morning routine

The next day, Venti's eyes suddenly opened as they were hit with the light of the sun

He found himself asleep on his study table. "Did I fall asleep while studying?..."

He went through all his books. "At least I've completed all the assignments "

He looked at the clock. It was 6:15 a.m.
"I woke up earlier than usual."

He got up and went to the girl's room. They were both still asleep. He had to remove Paimon's legs which were on top of Qiqi. "Hmm... what should I do? I am still sleepy... but if I fall asleep now, I wouldn't be able to wake up on time."

He went out of the girl's room and started to do his daily chores- starting with cleaning the house. As he had time, he cleaned the kitchen. Then he went for a shower and started to prepare breakfast. As soon as it was 7:30, he woke up the two girls.

"How are you feeling Qiqi? Do you want to go to school or rest?"

"I will go to school. I think I will be alright if I can change my sanitary pad once in school. "

"You should go and change one right now too. Maybe... I don't know too much about it. I will ask my classmates about it and they will be able to tell me better."

"And can Paimon skip school?", Paimon asked with a yawn at the end.

"Nope. Go brush you teeth. And get ready for school", Venti replied and he went out of their room.

Soon it was 8:00 a.m. and Venti gave both Qiqi and Paimon their breakfast- pancakes with scrambled eggs.

"Wow! This is delicious!", Paimon exclaimed as she ate with pleasure.

"Is it?", Venti asked with a smile.

"Yaa! Can i have more!?"

"Hmm? Yes you can", Venti said and gave her more.
To his surprise, even Qiqi asked for seconds which he happily gave her. He himself enjoyed his food a lot as well.

"Qiqi, have you put your sanitary pad in bag?", Venti asked to Qiqi.
"Oh... I am putting it in right now", Qiqi replied and ran to do the job.

And as soon as the clock hit 8:40, the three locked their home and left for school.
"Bye brother! Bye sister!", yelled Paimon as she went into her class.

"Qiqi, if you feel uncomfortable, you can come to my class. Or go to principal's office.", Venti reassured Qiqi.

After leaving Qiqi in her class, he walked up the stairs with a slow pace.

"Why am I so tired?... Jeez... waking up too early is not very refreshing now is it?..."

He reached his classroom and saw Hu Tao.

"Venti! You are here!", she kind of jump scared him but Venti was already used to it. "Good morning Hu Tao", he said to her with a smile.

"Good morning", she replied with a grin. "You know, yesterday I helped my father to make this coffin. I must say, it was quite a big one and-"
"Hu Tao, can we save that conversation for later?", Venti interrupted her and said " actually I need your help with something..."

"Huh? What is it? Do you need a free coffin? For whom?"

"Eh... not that kind of help. You see, Qiqi got her first period yesterday. I was so scared when she suddenly told me that she was bleeding... anyways, if you are uncomfortable with telling me anything, will you mind telling Qiqi about it? Like... give her some suggestions on how to manage with this stuff and how to umm... take care of the pain?"

Hu Tao thought for a long time. Then she replied rather calmly, " You should listen to my suggestions as well. And Qiqi should as well. Let's go meet her during the lunch break. I will tell her everything. Just leave it to me!"

"What are you both talking about?", said Aether as he came into the class with Ganyu.
"Nothing much. About Qiqi", replied Hu Tao.

"Oh? Oh... Qiqi... ain't that your little sister Venti? I've met her so many times after school and yet only talked with her once", said Aether as he kept his bag aside.

"She gets really shy around you. I remember her talking to Lumine a lot more than talking to you.", replied Venti.

"Qiqi is a very sweet girl.", said Ganyu with a warm smile.

"Heh? Why not to me I wonder~", said Aether with a depressing tone. But his tone quickly shifted as he said," Hey Venti? You heard about the recent earthquake that happened in Sumeru?"

"Huh? When? I did not get the time to look at the news yesterday-"

"I see... well an earthquake of huge magnitude had hit Sumeru last night. Around 7:36 p.m. I think it was.", replied Aether.

"Were there casualties?", Venti asked with a worried look.

"Yes indeed. The earthquake was deadly and many have died I heard. Rescue workers have been sent from both Mondstad and Liyue to Sumeru."

The news did not please Venti at all. That was when Xiao entered the class.

"Oh! Good morning Xiao!", said Hu Tao as she tried to jump scare him. But he did not flinch at all and replied calmly,"Good morning Hu Tao "
Ganyu and Xiao also exchanged their morning greetings. Aether did as well with an annoying tone in his voice to purposefully piss off Xiao.

"Why is Kazuha so late today?", suddenly questioned Ganyu.

Nobody knew the answer to that question. But soon Kazuha came inside the class.

"Oh Kazuha! You barely made it on time. Mrs.Faruzan is gonna come any moment now", said Aether.

Kazuha gave a long sigh and said, "Sister Ayaka had to leave for Sumeru yesterday. You know... about the earthquake? She did not waste a single moment and left immediately with medical equipment. So I had to take the bus to school today. I guess I will be late quite a lot this week."

"So that is why she was not picking up my phone yesterday", realized Venti.

"You had called her?" Asked Kazuha.

"I did. For Qiqi. But there is nothing to worry about anymore. She is quite alright."

That was when Mrs.Faruzan came into the class and all the students quickly seated themselves.

_________________________________________