Dance

"So then Xiao, what do you think about our performance?", asked Nilou

Both Venti and Nilou danced so fast but neither of them seemed tired. And the smile never left their faces even for a single moment. Xiao was more or less speechless.

"Pretty amazing huh?", said Nilou on seeing the silence of Xiao.

"It was", replied Xiao.

"Now then, everyone form a duo. Let us perform the same dance. This will be the opening dance of our Windblume festival", said Nilou to which the entire class burst into talks and gossips.

"But Miss... aren't you the one who performs solo every year for the opening ceremony?", asked one of the girls.

"Yes. I indeed do perform solo every year. But I won't this year. Instead, I want the festival to be started by you people. I will personally select about 5 duos from this section and 5 other from (B) section today. And from this year onwards, this will become a tradition", replied Nilou.

"But Miss, what about you?"
"That's right! Entire Mondstad looks forward to your opening dance!"

"Don't worry. I will have my performance. I will have it in the middle of the show"

The gossips continued as the decision of Nilou was quite shocking but also exciting for everyone. The opening dance was the most looked forward to in the Windblume festival. It was considered an honor to be able to perform in that.

"Have you all formed your duos?", asked Nilou. The students immediately started doing so.

"I already have my partner ", said Hu Tao as she grabbed Ganyu's hand.

"Huh? But you both are girls ", said Xiao who was now even more confused.

"Oh... that doesn't matter. This is the traditional dance of Mondstad. Originally it was performed by women only. It has nothing to do with gender nowadays ", said Kazuha.

"Yes that's right. This is not a couple dance", said Aether in an annoying manner to piss off Xiao.

Xiao gave him a death stare.

"Now now, let's not get into a fight- Oh! Xiao, wanna join me?", asked Venti. Xiao was taken aback. In his mind, if he was gonna pair up with someone, obviously he wanted it to be with Venti.

"I will", Xiao replied with his hand scratching the back of his head and his cheeks about to burst with redness.

"So then, it leaves me and you Kazuha", said Aether.
"Indeed."

"Now then, if everyone is done then let's get started shall we? Let the music begin!", declared Nilou.

"Huh? Just like that? Umm..."
"Don't worry Xiao. I will guide you.", Said Venti as his hands slipped onto Xiao's back.