15k reads speacial💞

Qiqi sat down in front of Venti on the couch

"Brother... I... have a request"

"What is it Qiqi?", Venti asked.

"I... wish to visit Danzig Port"

The moment Qiqi said that, Venti looked at her with quietness. He closed his eyes and let out one small breath.

"That place... had been rebuilt anew. So there is no problem with you visiting there but... why?", Venti asked with sad eyes.

"I get what you mean brother... there are hardly any pleasant memories confined in that place which was nothing more than hell for us. All that we ever got there... was pain and endless sufferings. And yet... it's where our mother had died..."

Venti's eyes became filled with even more sadness.

"Brother I-", Qiqi teared up and continued, "I... really wanted to give her a proper funeral"

She wiped her flowing tears and continued, "I wanted to... for the longest time... how miserably she had died with Paimon held in her arms... how her body rotted right in front of our eyes for days with us being helpless. We couldn't do anything... but now that we can... please brother! I really want to give her a funeral!"

"I get it Qiqi...", Venti said and kept his hand on her head. "Don't cry. I understand your feelings. Let's all go together as a family... to Port Danzig."

Xiao came in at that very moment inside the house. In his hands he seemed to carry groceries.

"Venti I am back hom-... huh? Qiqi? When did you return from Inazuma? You didn't call us?", Xiao said and kept the groceries in place as he said so.

"Xiao, we are planning to visit port Danzig", Venti said. Xiao paused at looked at him with widened eyes.

"Port Danzig...?"

"It was my request", Qiqi said. "I... want to give mom a proper funeral. Even though it has been over thirty years since she passed away..."

Xiao understood the situation and sat down beside Qiqi.
"Then are you all going together as a family?", he asked.

"Yes", Qiqi replied.

Xiao gave a soft smile. "Sure. I'll take care of the house meanwhile Venti. You can leave with no worries. And I'll also -"

"No Xiao... you are going with us", Venti replied.

"Huh..?"

"You... are very much a part of this family. Unless you yourself don't wish to go... Then I won't force you. But I really want my mom... to meet you too", Venti said and held Xiao's hands.

"I understand...let's go together", Xiao said and looked at Venti with a tinge of sadness in his eyes.

The very next day, both Venti and Xiao took a leave from their work and set out for port Danzig with Qiqi and Paimon.