telephone

Your pov:

*zzz zzz*
"was that your phone??" I questioned, frowing my brows and looking up at awsten acting confused knowing I'd caught him out... why would he lie.

Looking around as if he was trying to find the source of the sound he said with a patronising tone "Uhhh I didn't hear anything" he was seemingly smug for someone who has been caught out.

Even though I knew full well it was his phone I brushed it off and sarcastically stated "oh thats weird then, I'm sure I heard something".

When I looked up at him I saw his throat gulp whilst his eyes darted around the trees surrounding us, he was fiddling with his bracelets as he was this morning.
We parted ways silently after that, once I got signal I looked down at my phone to see a message from Adam

Adam:
I wonder why
Awsten didn't want your number...?

: You
Yeah it's not that deep tho
we've only just met

Read 16:30

I wonder why Adam mentioned it, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Especially since he didn't elaborate on the matter. But anyways that doesn't matter anymore.
When I got home I had dinner which was waiting for me, and went upstairs to find awsten myself. I was typing "austin" and every letter of the alphabet after but still couldn't find him. Maybe he doesn't use social media... weirdo.

~~~~morning~~~~

Walking to college I saw Awsten, quickly catching up with him I greeted "hey awsten... you good?" his eyes widened but he just looked at me through his fringe and nodded.

I wonder why he was being so off, I just awkwardly laughed to break the silence. I didn't mind walking in the quiet, I just put in my earphones alongside awsten who was straightening out his tattered bracelets as we walked.

When we finally got to college I left without a word to get to my first lesson, I had sociology.

Once I got to the classroom and sat down I saw the tall brown haired boy walk in... awsten.

I called him over to vacant seat next to me. He sat down without saying anything and pulled out his new books from his worn dark blue bag. The books weren't pristine as they had band and skater brand stickers covering the front but they were new stickers so he had obviously recently decorated them. Which I found rather sweet.

His phone buzzed... so I obviously took the opportunity to joke "sooo... I'm guessing your phone is dead??", his shoulder sunk and his cheeks became a deep cherry red colour from my snarky comment as he lightly laughed whilst fixing his fringe "uh yeah... I guess".

The class felt as though it went on for hours since awsten didn't speak a word to me since the beginning, luckily we got let out early but that didn't mean I got to leave the tension between me and awsten.

We had to sit at the canteen waiting until Adam came out of his lesson, luckily I can be at peace with my own thoughts for short periods of time as long as I have my music in so I didn't have to bother awsten.

We sat in silence for about 10 minutes looking at up at eachother every so often until Adam came and threw himself into the only chair left on the table.

As soon as we has the chance me and Awsten spilled out words to Adam as if we hadn't been able to talk for years, if he also wanted to talk so bad couldn't of he said all these ramblings to me... I guess we're only "friends" because of Adam so it makes sense he's not into talking to me yet.

Maybe I gave him a bad impression yesterday... I mean I did shake his hand and interrupt his conversation with Adam so it makes complete sense.

Break had finished but I still had 3 lessons left, hopefully Im able to make more friends in these ones. As I walked into art history I yet again saw Awsten... what are the chances.

I was about to pull out a chair near the front when I saw him take his bag from the chair next to him and place it on the floor whilst looking at me. I hesitantly took the offer even though this lesson will be like the last. The task was to search up different art movements with the person sat next to us so I was partnered with awsten.

Writing our names on our piece of work I wrote my name in an edgy font and then "austin" he looked at me confused and said "no, my name is cooler" and wrote "awsten" cursive in a green glittery gel he took from his pocket.

I looked at him and back at the name questioning "that's actually sick, did you parents actually name you that... I mean it's sick either way" his eyes glistened as he was about to explain it to me but he quickly looked down and bluntly stated with a clenched jaw "no..." and began searching the work infront of us in-between fidgeting with either his hair or bracelet.

That makes sense of why I couldn't find him...

I wonder why he was acting so weird, it was as if he wanted to talk but just not to me.

His timetable was infront of him so I picked it up to see if we had the same 3rd option... and of course we did. I wasn't exactly mad because although things felt weird I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable... sure awkward but not uncomfortable.

The rest of the lessons went just as they did before, no talking apart from the one word replies after I make an effort. I just wonder how he went from our first interaction to this.

---989 words---

Slowing getting into the real stuff, stick with it pls xx