who needs enemies...

Awstens pov:

The days are so long now I'm "backing off", i do feel bad not because y/n needs to talk to me but she's making an effort and I'm doing nothing in return.

I'm meant to be going to Adams house today, I still will but I can't help but feel slightly held back by him. He's been a good friend but I dont know... he seems normally grey such as making slightly misogynistic jokes and then seemingly looking at any piece of porn he can get his hands on... you'd think he would've grown out of being gross by now.

I kinda wanted to get out of this friendship when I joined college... but here I am stuck and already making someone hate me.

~~~time skip~~~

"You will never beat me" I panted whilst playing just dance. Adam gave up and slumped into the seatee but I wasn't gonna stop yet. Adam took a video of me giving it my all when I game finally finished I joined Adam on the seatee and looked over his shoulder to see he sent it to y/n with the caption "u rrly letting him act all big?" Bruhh why is he making out as if I'm the problem... he's the one who is making me do this.

"Sooaa... what happened between you and y/n" i asked Adam,
"yknow she was obsessive... kinda turning into that with you" I looked at him puzzled...
Yeah she was making an effort but definitely not obsessive.
"how come?"
Adam replied with "you know how it is,, always messaging me about you. It's getting a bit creepy now honestly".

God like yeah I may seem a bit unbelievable but my bestfriend it telling me this. He wouldn't lie to me about something like this, I thought they had a rough breakup or massive argument not this.

No wonder he backed off in the summer.

After one more game of just dance I walked back home, the pavement was only being lit up by the street lamps it was cold so I put my hood up and placed my hands in my pockets.

I had my earphones in blasting music but I could hear footsteps behind me.

They were getting louder but I didn't turn around to see because it was probably just a late night runner.

They started getting heavier and louder  when fear set it.

I could see their shadow at this point and saw they were about to pounce on me. I didn't turn around but instead used all my force to elbow them in the face.

"AWSTEN" I heard from the floor... oh my god it was y/n why the hell would she creep up on my like that I stood in shock as blood ran down her face sobbing and choking on her words, "I was only catching up with you... i was gonna tap your shoulder"... what Adam said earlier filled my thoughts.

How did she know I was here. Why did she care so much to chase after me. I've just elbowed a girl in the face. What the hell do I do. Filled with embarrassment and fear I helped her up and ran home.

God what have I done I'm in every lesson with her.

~~~time skip~~~

The next day I walked into class to see y/n with a black eye and swollen nose. God what have I done, I sat down and wrote her a note that read "I'm sorry :)" it wasn't much but god I didn't know what else I could do.

She happily said "it's okayy, completely my own fault. Chasing after people at night" why was she so forgiving a boy she had just met literally elbowed her in the face and ran off??

God what Adam said is adding up.

At lunch me and y/n sat down, people approached her asking what had happened each time she took a deep breath and told the story of how she was playing with her younger sibling and they threw something at her face...

I'm so thankful she isn't telling the truth.... imagine first week of college and first time meeting all these people and their first impression of me is hurting girls late at night.

Which I probably deserve honestly, y/n is being too gracious.

When Adam plonked himself down next to us he looked in shock "woahh I saw what happened but I didn't think it would be that bad" fear filled me that my head became fuzzy "wh--what?? You saw that? Don't tell anyone please" I begged.

Y/n giggled and said "he wouldn't dareee, it's my story to tell if I wanted to". Her nose began bleeding from giggling I think, I quickly threw her a spare shirt I had in my bag from a sleep over weeks ago.

I joked "hopefully it doesn't stink, idk when it was last worn or washed" once it the bleeding calmed down she said "no it smells great"

---840 words---

Getting into ittttt