call me, beep me

Your pov:

Whatever just happened with Adam and Awsten left a sour taste in my mouth. Why was Adam seemingly against me and Awsten getting along, whenever there was a slither of hope between us Adam either makes it weird or puts an end to it in some way.

Awsten seemed more withdrawn than usual, it may of seemed that way because before lesson we were actually getting along. But it seemed like something was becoming a burden on him.

To break the tension, I questioned "so do you have any friends back home or...?" He carried on staring infront of him fiddling with his bracelets. I coughed trying to bring attention to myself, he shook his head coming out of the trance and uttered "what?... sorry I was listening but it didn't actually go in" whilst rubbing his neck.
I affirmed "oh its okay" and repeated myself. Awsten answered "yeah a few, I actually have a band with a couple of them... they're coming here soon so we can record some tracks" his voice falling away by the end.
I raved "oh thats so cool... what are you guys called".  He lightly said, "we've been messing with some names but Waterparks feels quite solid" smiling.

To continue the conversation I inquired "so why waterparks??" He exhaled out with a smile. I defended myself saying "heyyy, once you guys get famous you'll have to deal with that" whilst nudging him. He joked "okay okay, it's because we used to prank our friend about a waterpark...it not deep and edgy"

With the conversation coming to an end so did the lesson, Awsten stopped me before I could leave saying "hey, since my phones not dead anymore, do you wanna exchange @s?" My stomach became crowded when he asked. I can't have a crush on him... we literally only started talking properly today. God.

I replied apathetically "uhh, yeah sure. Mine is (ur @)". Awsten added us there and then as I saw "@awstenknight has requested to follow you".

We were walking to the canteen when awsten gently grabbed our wrist with his soft cold hand and suggested "hey do you wanna maybe go somewhere else... I don't know Adams been making us both kinda miserable" my heart flipped. God no I can't be getting a crush on him. I stammered "uh y- yeah, sure" as I gazed into his light tender eyes. Only just noticing their different colours, one was an Arctic blue and the other one was a cold chartreuse. They looked icy but still safe and warming at the same time.

We were about to leave the building when we saw Adam, looking at eachother is synchronisation and saying "shit" I grabbed his arm and ran down a hallway with him. Adam hadn't seen us but I'd be shocked if he didn't hear mine and awstens laughter and footsteps down the hallway.

Once we thought we had gone far enough away me and awsten sat down against a wall, catching our breath and still laughing in between moments of silence. He joked "be careful with the laughing business... I don't have another spare shirt" I playfully nudged him stating "ayy calm down" turning into a whisper "You're the one who did it" he looked down "yeah I'm very sorry about that... I didn't know what to do afterwards I was so embarrassed I just ran away and left you there... not very gentleman of me". I rubbed his knee telling him "don't worry, I shouldn't of been running after people at night."

~~~time skip~~~

When I got home I saw messages from Adam

Adam:
Where were you and
Awsten at break today?

Adam:
Actually how would you
know where awsten was
he hates you 😬

:You
Yeah idk, I was just
doing work today
Read 17:30

Why would Adam say that, he's been acting so weird recently. He wasn't like this in secondary, well he was but not to this extent.

*zzz zzz*

I looked at my phone to see a message request from awsten.

Awsten:
Heyy, my friends are
over from America for a week
and since its the weekend I was
wondering if you wanted to
come over and hear the band?

:You
Yeah that sounds great
Are we gonna meet
before hand since I don't
know where you live 💀

Awsten:
Oh god yeah, meet
By college? X

You:
Yeah sounds good x

Eeeee! He used a kiss. I shouldn't be getting this giddy over something so small.

---754 words---

Finally some love