3 - Iɴᴛᴏ Tʜᴇ Uɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ♫︎

AMBER WAS WOKEN up from her slumber very early in the morning. Which was not at all what she was looking forward to in the summer.

However, she was awoken to the noise of a trumpet. The Daily Bugle.

-

"I can't believe we're actually gonna be in this documentary. And to be directed by Mr. Chad Danforth himself. Okay, one could say the stakes for auditions have never been higher. And one will. I will. The stakes have never been higher." Ashlyn declared, rasing her arm in the air.

"It's Corbin Bleu, not Chad Danforth." Amber added, rolling her eyes.

"Same thing." Ashlyn shrugged.

"I think im having withdrawals. I mean this is the first day I haven't had a headache in my entire life." Kourtney quivered.

"isn't that a good thing?" Amber asked, looking over at her.

"No! I don't know who I am without screens." She wailed.

"I'm just gonna let it be known that I'm going for gold at auditions today. I'm finally ready to play the lead. No apologies, no prisoners." Gina declared, smiling.

"Sounds like you brought Gina 1.0 to camp." Ashlyn states.

"Agreed. That's totally Gina 1.0 right there." Amber added.

"No." She laughed. "Look, okay, I loved auditioning with you guys last year, and we're still a turscell, but I just feel like I need to stand on my own this summer, you know? Especially with the whole documentary thing. Like that could lit.er.ally be our future."

"Okay." Ashlyn nodded, "1.0", and threw the pillow on her lap at Gina, which she caught with her jaw on the floor.

Amber scowled at her from below. "Go for it, Gina." She praised.

-

Amber walks through the doors of the barn with a bottle of water in her hand. As she looks around, everybody's setting up, moving tables and furniture around. Her eyes caught onto a familiar curly head, her eyes widen, "Ricky?!" She laughed as she speed-walked up to him, placing her bottle on the floor near a wall. "What're you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with-"

"Ah!" EJ interjected, making everyone look at him, "We don't speak of her name."

Amber pursed her lips at EJ and turned her attention back towards Ricky, "I don't even know her name." She laughs.

"i thought you were supposed to go on a super fun adventure with- you know. Lisa? Laura..?" Amber elaborated, using her fingers as quotes.

"it's- it's a long story, I'll tell you later. And it's Lily." He said.

"I knew it was an L." Amber groaned as someone walked up the stairs of the stage, "Hey everyone. I'm Val, and not too long ago, I was just like you, waiting in the wings for my chance at stardom. Then I went to college and my dreams of Broadway were instantly dashed by my unyo-to-movement professor, who said I wasn't convincing as a human being." Val started.

Ashlyn burst out laughing then realised that no one was laughing with her so she stopped and made herself look serious, "Wow."

But what she didn't realise was that Amber was also on the edge of laughter.

"But now I'm a psych major. And I'm also your choreographer. The director will kick off the auditions in just a moment." She finnished, and everyone walked off doing their own thing.

"Corbin Bleu, Whoo!" Ashlyn shouted.

-

Amber had been observing the barn for a few minutes. Though, the whole time, her eyes kept wandering to Gina. It was hard not to notice how on edge she looked. Eventually she walked up to Gina and tapped her on the shoulder, "Gina? You okay?" She asked.