꧁༒•ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖•༒꧂

Hungry

Hungry...

They're hungry for a bite. Big or small...they're always hungry. Living in this vast land isn't easy as you have to do anything to survive. Kill or be killed. 

There are beings stronger than you, faster, kinder, and aggressive.  Features that you're born with made you what you are. Do you have fangs? What are they for? Claws? Fingers? Tail? Feathers? 

What does this all mean? What does that make you?

Sabor was born into a world to hunt. To take beings away from this world. It's part of her nature to shred a creature to pieces in order to survive. Some may call her a monster. Maybe she is...

Her brothers and sisters are the same. It has been this way for many Eclipses. She shows no mercy on weaker creatures. The only thing that keeps her sane in this cruel world would be her mate. 

Zavaa the panther. 

Throughout this cold and dark jungle and shining rays of the sun, through bad and good. Zavaa kept her sane. 

Killing the weak humans in their shelter, Sabor was unfortunate to leave the ape to take their dinner. The apes...she loathed them. Sabor had difficulty getting out of the embarrassing trap from the ape and letting them get away. 

So it came as an unfortunate surprise to see her mate holding a female human cub in his jaws. She was relieved to see that their efforts to find dinner weren't a waste and relished getting her claws on her but was met with a growl from her mate. 

Sabor frowned seeing Zaava taking the sleeping cub away from her. Zaava roared softly at Sabor, his mouth muffled as his saliva landed on the cub's rounded head. 

Sabor frowned as her hunger is getting the better of her. She growled lightly snapping her jaws to the cub's paws but Zaava moved her away. 

Sabor got agitated growling and nodding to the jungle. Frustrated by what her mate is doing. She just came back with no game and she's expected to not eat this one?!

Zaava's eyes softened and walked away from Sabor. Sabor's eyes widened in disbelief, running after him. He's not going to keep it, is he?!

She roared at him, running in front of him but was quickly silenced when Zaava dropped the cub on the ground and roared back at her. 

For many Eclipses, they couldn't produce cubs thanks to the apes who hurt Sabor a while back. Zaava didn't blame her and killed the ape for it but it came as a sacrifice to not have a complete pack. 

Sabor was resentful for that and loathed the apes for it...but to replace their ideal family with a human? A female human?

Sabor growled softly, scoffing at their destination where the rest of the pack of leopards and panthers rested. It has been days since they found game. They will eat the human the moment they see it. They'll never accept it more than a meal. 

Zaava raised its chin and glared down at Sabor. Looking down, he rubbed his jaw on the now awake cub. The cub's grey eyes beamed and reached for him too, holding his whiskers. Her paws were impossibly soft. 

She lacked fur, claws, fangs, and a tail. The cub could easily be mistaken for an ape but her dark mane with her grey eyes could easily be seen as a panther. Just like him. Holding the cub's small cloth, he wrapped it around the cub once again and carried her, causing the cub to laugh. 

Sabor could only watch in disbelief as Zaava took the human cub to their pack. Looking down at the dangling cub, she silently seethed at it. Zaava can do what he wants...she will have no part of it.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

 "So, um, whatcha gonna call it?"

"I'm going to call him...Tarzan."

Published: February 21, 2023

Word Count: 679