꧁༒•𝕋𝕒𝕣𝕫𝕒𝕟 𝕧𝕤. 𝕊𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕣•༒꧂

A summer warm breeze developed the jungle

A summer warm breeze developed the jungle. Mother nature was happy these evenings, watching over the creatures in her vast land. The gorillas, in particular, were having lunch. 

Tarzan wanted to see his mother before going to see Kaia the rest of the afternoon, knowing very well the girl can be impatient when he doesn't show up at the mornings and come at lunch. 

Kala was far away from the troop, taking the fruit from the nearest tree and placing them in front of her. Tarzan spotted her and smirked, knowing he can scare her. Kaia has been teaching him to take silent steps to stalk her prey. 

So, he hid behind the bushes and crawled forward, staying firm in his steps but quiet as a panther. He stood on his feet and took a deep breath preparing to sound the trumpet–"

"Don't even think about it," Kala deadpanned. 

Tarzan sighed, he still needs to learn. He grinned and swung on the vine to sit in front of her and took one of her fruits. "How'd you know it was me?"

"I'm your mother. I know everything," Kala stoically stated as Tarzan took a large bite from the fruit. "Now where have you been?"

She wasn't stupid. She raised this boy and it was...eventful. She would occasionally miss him in the mornings and see him late afternoons. Now only that, he seems happier. Whatever he is doing she's not sure. 

Kala recalled the time when Tarzan came back with Terk, Tantor, Flint, and Mungo when he seemed distracted that day. But by the next day, he was gone. She tried to ask him but she would always get the same answer. 

With a feline. 

She thought of it as a joke but she kept getting the same answer she stopped asking. This time, however, he is right here in front of her during lunch. And this is the first time in weeks she's seen him. She saw as he quickly ate his fruits, knowing he was in a hurry. 

Again. 

"I thought you knew everything," Tarzan chuckled at her. He choked as he was suddenly tackled to the side and thrown away. 

"Hey, Auntie K," Terk grinned at the woman in front of her. "You're looking remarkably groomed today."

"Hello, Terk," Kala deadpanned while Tarzan tackled Terk and rolled on the ground, passing Kerchak who stared at them with annoyance. 

The gorillas around them have already grown used to seeing Tarzan and Terk wrestling around their camp and didn't bother moving away other than their food and their infants. 

Tarzan and Terk laugh and grunt as they rolled over and stumble on Tantor's back. Tantor flinched and stood, moving away before he stomps on them. "Whoa! Okay. It's all fun and game 'till someone loses an eye."

Tarzan and Terk ignored him as they rolled further down in their territory. 

"Please stop. Somebody's going to get hurt and it's always me. Please," Tantor followed them.