꧁༒•𝔸 ℍ𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟'𝕤 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕥𝕙•༒꧂

"We've wasted all this time on what they want," Clayton glared at Jane

"We've wasted all this time on what they want," Clayton glared at Jane. "The boat could arrive any day. Now ask them straight out."

Jane and Archimedes glanced at the couple who were playing with Archimedes' model of the solar system. They noticed their small gestures around each other and found it adorable as Kaia would be more protective of Tarzan while Tarzan more affectionate towards her. 

"Tarzan? Kaia?" Jane walked towards them. They stopped and turned to her. "Will you take us to the gorillas? Do you understand?"

Kaia noticed Tarzan's expression slowly falling, knowing that Tarzan wasn't supposed to be meeting with them in the first place. 

"I understand," Tarzan spoke.

"Well?" Clayton asked impatiently. 

"I can't," Tarzan frowned. 

Jane's, Archimedes', and Clayton's eyes widened. "Why not, Tarzan?"

"Kerchak," Tarzan grabbed Kaia's wrist and goes to walk off but Clayton grabbed his shoulders, pointing him to a picture of a gorilla.

Kaia snarled at him and pushed him and pulled Tarzan away. Tarzan ran off, dragging Kaia with him while Clayton furiously ripped the picture into pieces. 

Tarzan dragged her to the photographic tent, knowing how to use the machine. Jane and Archimedes accompanied them silently but were stressed and tired of their disappointments and slept.  

Tarzan glanced at Kaia who lay on the couch and yawn as she lay her head on her hands. After last night, Tarzan spent the rest of the night with her, playing around, and cuddling while watching the stars. In the end, he kept her all night. He made it up to her by giving her Clayton's dried jerky which she enjoyed. 

Tarzan looked at the photographs in wonder, finding everything interesting. He never knew a whole world was much more than just the jungle. Tarzan stopped and looked at a picture. 

It was of a man kneeling on the ground and giving his mate a bouquet of flowers. Tarzan's eyes softened and glanced at Kaia, who slept soundly on the couch. He smiled, knowing what to do.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

The next day, Tarzan woke up really early to gather flowers. He found the prettiest blues and pinks for Kaia. Organizing them in his hand, he ran off. He failed to realize that his friends were watching him go. 

"Oh, Terk," Tantor sighed. "I've never seen him so happy."

"Eh," Terk scoffed. "I give it a week," she crossed her arms. 

Tarzan ran and landed where Jane's camp is, knowing Kaia would be there. He walked towards the camp but stopped to see so much happening at once. Different-shaped man, tall and short, grabbed Archimedes' things and threw them around to pack.