꧁༒•𝕋𝕒𝕣𝕫𝕒𝕟•༒꧂

Terk and Tantor grew worried as Tarzan hasn't called out or said anything

Terk and Tantor grew worried as Tarzan hasn't called out or said anything. Terk glanced at the bag Tarzan was looking at and knew it was coming from the humans. Looking through it, she saw the objects rusted and broken but knew that the bag was deer skin.

It smelled of a leopard but at the same time, it wasn't.

Hearing a splash, she and Tantor looked back to see Tarzan swimming towards them in a rush and grabbing the bag.

"Tarzan! What happened? What did you see?" Tantor turned to his friend but grew confused to see Tarzan gripping the bag and bolting into the jungle. "Tarzan!"

But the male ignored them and kept running, following the tracks while they were still fresh. He has to know what he saw.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Tarzan swung on the vines at a fast pace. He couldn't get the creature out of his mind. How she was in defense of fighting back but her eyes were filled with confusion while staring at him. He jumped down to the ground as the tracks were gone and sniffed around.

He heard a branch snap and turned in that direction, seeing nothing around him except for trees and bushes. He narrowed his eyes, hooting to lure the creature back. He gripped the bag causing a growl to echo behind him which made him turn around in alarm but nothing was there.

His heart pumped rapidly to know that it was here, staring at him from the shadows. Perhaps the creature doesn't understand him but he doesn't know what she speaks, only relying on his ape language.

"Come out. I will give the bag back," he hooted.

It was silent for a moment almost making him think the creature left. He turned around, gasping as the creature was centimeters away from him, hanging upside down on the vine.

She growled at him as she reached for her bag but Tarzan moved it away from her making her more agitated. Tarzan instantly recognized her language, making his eyes widen in disbelief.

A feline language.

Tarzan looked at her closely as she glared at him. "T-Tarzan..." he growled softly in his broken feline language.

The creature stopped and looked at him and slowly reached for his face, which he took a step forward, eager to know what she feels like. He certainly did not expect to feel her hands soft. They were calloused but soft to the touch. She dragged her sharp claws over his cheek while he stared at her.

"K-Ka-Kaia," she hooted silently in his ape language.

Tarzan's eyes widened and grinned excitingly at her. He reached for her but she flinched back, climbing up the tree while looking down at him wearily. Tarzan frowned, "What's wrong?"

Kaia only looked at him from afar. She didn't move as Tarzan started climbing up towards her, still gripping the bag. Now that they were close, they finally looked at each other closely.