Chapter six

◆London◆

A cathedral, packed with mourners. A choir is singing. Steve is one of six pallbearers carrying a coffin draped with the Union Jack. His eyes are red--he's been crying.

At the altar, a candle burns by a framed photograph of Peggy Carter in a military uniform. The label reads "Margaret 'Peggy' Carter". The priest addresses the mourners.

Everyone who knew Peggy Carter bowed their head in respect.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words." Priest said.

Agent 13, Steve's "neighbor" from DC, steps up to the podium.

Steve sits beside Sam in a pew at the front. Steve is looking down and doesn't see Sharon walk up. Sam is watching, and nudges Steve. He looks up to see Sharon, who glances at Steve and takes a breath.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD . . . but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy." Sharon Carter said.

Steve realizes who exactly Sharon is, and takes a surprised breath.

"It looks like you know who she is." Clint said.

"Yeah she was my neighbor will she's an S.H.I.E.L.D  Agent." Steve said.

"You had a crush on a girls whose aunt you dated." Sam joked making everyone laugh a bit.

"She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related." Sharon said.

She looks directly at Steve.

"I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move . . . it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say " No, you move." " Sharon said.

________________________

Later, Steve stands alone in the isle, still dressed in black. Natasha to him and he turns to her. He begins to speak without any introduction.

"When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her." Steve said.

"She had you back, too." Natasha said

"Who else signed?" Steve asked

"Tony. Rhodey. Vision." Natasha said.

"Clint?" Steve asked.

"Says he's retired." Natasha said.

"Good for you." Tony nodded. Clint sent him a small smile.

She smiles slightly.

"Wanda?" Steve asked.

"TBD. I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet." Natasha said.

Steve sighs and bows his head.

"What does TBD mean?" Thor asked.

"To be determined." Peter said.

"Thank you Man of Spiders." Thor nodded.

Everyone chuckled at the name while Peter was beet red.

"Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together." Natasha said.

Natasha almost seems to be convincing herself.

"What are we giving up to do it?" Steve asked.

She sighs. He shakes his head, unconvinced.

"I'm sorry, Nat. I can't sign it." Steve said.

"I know." Natasha replied.

"Then what are you doing here?" Steve asked.

"I didn't want you to be alone." Natasha said.

"Come here." Natasha said pulling him for a hug.

"Aww it's rare to see caring Natasha." Clint teased.

________________________

◆Queens, New York◆

It was around 3am Lydia was woken up from her sleep by knocking on her window.

Looking at the window Lydia sighed.

"What is it Peter?" Lydia asked opening the window still half asleep.

"There's no crime I'm bored keep me company while patrol." Peter said with a adorable smile.

"Fine" Lydia said climbing out the window. Peter held her as they swing on some random roof top.

"How can anyone saw no to that smile." Wanda said.

Venom took over and enjoyed the view with Peter.

"It's quite here but not there."  Venom said pointing towards the busy streets of New York.

"New York a city that never sleeps." Bruce said.

"Yeah I know." Peter nodded.

"Do you miss your planet?" Peter asked.

"Sometimes, but I like it here more food."  Venom said laughing.

"And I'm a loser there like Lydia was before and here I'm a hero."  Venom said smiling.

"Thank for the compliment Venom." Lydia smiled sarcastically.

________________________

Announcement:

I know I haven't updated in a while. I have my final exams and I won't be able to update until 13th March. This is very important exams if I don't pass I cannot graduate.

I love you all! Thank you for your support. Wish me luck.

See you guys soon. <3