Chapter seven

◆Vienna◆

The United Nations, a modern complex of interestingly-shaped high rise buildings.

"At a special United Nations conference 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords." News anchor said.

T'Challa wears a sharp suit and stands, looking through a glass wall.

"Excuse me, Miss Romanoff?" An UN staff called.

"Yes?" Natasha replied.

"These need your signature." UN staff said.

 T'Challa looks over at Natasha.

"Who's that?" Thor asked.

"Thats the prince of Wakanda." Natasha said.

"Thank you." The UN staff walked away.

"Thanks." Natasha said.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." T'Challa said.

"Oh, well, it's not always so flattering." Natasha said.

"You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill . . . I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable in this company." T'Challa said.

"Well, I'm not." Natasha muttered.

"Well, I'm not." Natasha replied.

"That alone makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff." T'Challa said.

"Why? You don't approve of all this?" Natasha asked.

 "The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." T'Challa said.

"I agree with that." Clint said. 

"Unless you need to move a piano." King T'Chaka said smiling.

"Father." T'Challa said in their native language.

"Son. Miss Romanoff." King T'Chaka greeted Natasha.

"King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." Natasha said.

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today." King T'Chaka said.

"Yes, so am I." Natasha replied.

"If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." A man said on speakers.

"That is the future calling. Such a pleasure." T'Challa said.

"Thank you." Natasha said walking away. 

"For a man who disapproves of diplomacy, you're getting quite good at it." King T'Chaka said to his son in their native language.

"I'm happy, Father." T'Challa replied.

"Thank you." King T'Chaka said.

"Thank you." T'Challa said.

"When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria, were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative." King T'Chaka said standing at the podium. 

T'Challa spots something outside.

"NO" Clint said knowing something wrong was going to happen.

"Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace." King T'Chaka added.

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" T'Challa yelled running towards his father but it was too late.
An enormous explosion goes off between two buildings and destroys the conference hall. 
T'Challa finds his father lying on the floor with his eyes closed. 
He grabs his father's wrist and feels for a pulse, but his father lies still. 
Devastated T'Challa lies across his father. He lifts him up and rocks him in his arms.

"Oh my god." Everyone watched in pity seeing a son mourning his father.

________________________

◆Hotel◆

"My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting, but, um, not Aunt Peggy. She bought me my first thigh holster." Sharon said as Steve and her walked towards the elevator.
"Very practical." Steve said

"And stylish." Sharon added.

Sharon and Steve wait by an elevator. They stand facing each other.

"CIA has you stationed over here now?" Steve asked.

"In Berlin, Joint Terrorism Task Force." Sharon replied.

 "Right. Right. Sounds fun." Steve said.

"I know, right?" Sharon asked

Steve nods and smiles at Sharon.  

"Wait you're flirting with your ex-girlfriends niece." Tony laughed.

"I've been meaning to ask you. When you were spying on me from across the hall . . . ." Steve said.

"You mean when I was doing my job." Sharon said.

"Did Peggy know?" Steve asked.

"She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one from you." Sharon said.

The elevator arrives.

"Thanks for walking me back." Sharon said.

"Sure." Steve said as Sam comes over. 

"Steve. There's something you gotta see." Sam said.

"Looks like you brought bad news with you." Clint teased Sam.

"I did not." Sam said.

" A bomb hidden in a news van . . ." News anchor said. Steve and Sam watched the news while Sharon talked on the phone.

"Who's coordinating?" Sharon said on the phone.

" . . . ripped through the UN building in Vienna." News anchor continued.

"Good. They're solid. Forensics?" Sharon asked still on the phone.

"More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations." News anchor reveled.  

"Maybe I did." Sam muttered.

"It wasn't me." Bucky said.

"Well there's a video footage right there." Tony said.

"But it's not him Tony, The video isn't even clear." Steve defended his bestfriend.

 "I have to go to work." Sharon said.

________________________