🐚02~ Smalltalk

Although at first he had been quite disturbed by being carried like a princess, it amused him all the more to see the silly faces of the other students. It was exactly these unexpected reactions that gave him pleasure and it didn't seem to bother Annabeth in the least. Also, Azul's horrified face, as well as that of his twin brother Floyd, made him feel happy and that it wasn't so terrible to be carried like this.

He grinned downright inside himself. "What would you like to eat, Jade Senpai?" Annabeth asked him, snapping him out of his thoughts. "I'd like to have a big portion of the mushroom risotto." he said quietly, "Fine, I'll have the same." she said to the chef and Jade stared at her again, somewhat incredulously. 'It's so nice to have someone else enjoying to eat mushroom dishes like I do, while sitting on the same table.' Jade thought to himself, and he felt proud about it. 'I wonder if Alexander also likes to eat other mushroom dishes or not?' Jade was a bit absent minded, while paying for their food.

She then set Jade down at a free table, so she could free her arms to get their meals for both of them. Before she sat next to him, she placed his portion in front of him. "Bon appétit." came out of her mouth before she started eating.

He also wished her a "bon appétit" before starting to eat his own meal. The sounds slowly died down, which was fine with her. After all, she wanted to eat in peace. However, they did not completely stop talking. After all, it's not every day that you see one of the big Leech brothers being carried by such a petite person. Floyd rose from his seat and approached the two casually.

She felt the gaze of Yuu and the others on her back, but she ignored it. She already knew what they might think about her now and it sure wasn't something pleasant to hear.

"Since when are you and Betta fish so close?" Floyd inquired incredulously. "I'd be very interested in that, too. After all, you've almost never exchanged a word." Azul noted, adjusting his glasses. Which amused Jade. "Mr. Alexander happened to run into me and noticed that I had hurt myself after gym class." Jade calmly explained to his brother, with Floyd pouting a bit.

"He was so kind and took me to the nurse's office. I thought it was only a bloody scratch on my ankle until the nurse said that I also sprained my foot." Jade continued with his explanation and Annabeth nodded her head in agreement. Which indicated that he was telling the truth.

Azul shook his head, unnerved, after all, Jade could hardly take orders or serve guests' food in this manner. Sure, they could use magic to serve the guests, but Azul preferred the old traditional way of serving customers. Because quality was always better than quantity. "Looks like you'll have to take over some of Jade's duties, Floyd," Azul said, which Floyd didn't like at all. The other eel started to get grumpy.

"Why do I have to slave away so much? I'm not in the mood for that..." Floyd grumbled annoyed, narrowing his eyes, and Jade watched the whole thing with delight. Anna was listening, and it occurred to her that it wouldn't be a terrible idea to work in the Mostro Lounge for a while. She was bored after class anyway, and it would be a pleasant change from all the lessons. Also, it's a way to earn some money without having to depend on Crowley's fake kindness all the time. She was sure that one day he would stop giving money.

Azul and Floyd discussed their opinions, and Azul realized that it was useless to argue with Floyd. "I'm happy to take over. I was thinking about getting a job anyway, to become more independent again and earn money." Annabeth said quite spontaneously and she was stared at by all three of them. However, Azul wasn't sure if she had what it took to entertain their guests. On the other hand, he needed enough workers to keep the café running.

"Okay, but don't think I'll behave so casually just because you helped Jade. Quality always comes before quantity." The stern tone expresses his assessment of himself. 'Oh my, this is getting more and more interesting than I expected.' Jade was thinking to himself and chuckled a little bit.