🐉18~ Royal Birthday

The building was ablaze and it was unbearably hot inside the burning walls. But she wanted it that way. She wanted them to suffer with her, wanted them to die with her. She held a golden goblet of poisoned red wine in her hand. Not only that, but she had mixed the poison herself beforehand. "Happy Birthday, dear older brother." She toasts to her passed away brother, who would have become 23 years of age today. She then did not hesitate long and drank the deadly brew. The screams of soldiers, witch hunters and the high priest gave her joy. After all, they deserved to die. A high priest who took bribes and accused innocent men and women of witchcraft was not worth living for.

The most important possessions of the estate were taken away weeks ago. The servants were ordered to lock all doors and windows as soon as the enemy entered. "You are insane!" shouted the high priest while the soldiers and witch hunters tried to get out. "I'm aware of that, but at least I'm taking the one who harmed my family and others with me." she smiled wickedly. "I am not willing to become the king's new mistress. Also, it is very inexcusable of him to punish me for something I did not do just because I rejected him. I will not allow anyone to accuse me of anything.", she says calmly. The roof collapsed more and more, crushing some of those men under it. The floor under their feet also cracked in some places.

"Did you have mercy for stabbing my older brother when he was just 9 years old, for killing my parents which you tied up and threw into the Thames and for poisoning my grandmother, who once called you a dear friend of hers?", she asks him with a wicked smile on her lips. "Life is truly merciless.", she continues to speak, looking at him as he is hit by a piece of wood from the roof. She then sits down on a wooden chair, enjoying the view, while coughing up more blood. As long as she was certain he was not dead before her, the young countess continued to try to stay alive. The old man was gasping for air and spitting blood out. His organs were damaged by the falling roof pieces.

"I wonder if he will come...", she murmurs to herself, and everything around her starts to get blurry and unclear. Before she shut her eyes forever, a dark figure appeared before her. "This is truly cruel of you, my dear Countess. I will not let you die so easily, my lady.", a male voice says to her, and she knows to whom it belongs. Then she takes her final breath as a human and the next time she opens her eyes, she will no longer be a human being.

The young lady died at such a young age, never being able to witness her 17th birthday, which she would have celebrated in September. Her corpse was never found, and people believed that her body had turned into ashes. The truth, however, will never be known to them.

***

Annabeth's eyes snapped open as she had this nightmare again. Since the day of the grand ball, she has had the same nightmare. She was breathing heavily and trembling a lot. Jade notices this and leans over her a bit. Gently he strokes her face. "Did you have a nightmare again?" he asks her gently and slowly she settles down. "You could say that." she whispers, not wanting to wake Floyd in the middle of the night as well. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asks as he looks into her red eyes. She shakes her head a little bit. "No, it's alright." she says calmly and then starts to hug him. He feels how strongly her body trembles, but he does not want to force her to talk to him about it.

The twins had noticed that Anna was getting more and more restless since the ball took place some time ago. Therefore, the two decided to nestle in her room and find out what was going on. They found out that she often wakes up abruptly from sleep and is downright anxious after waking up. Lilia and Eloise noticed that Annabeth had become increasingly gloomy and strange.

Jade hopes that Anna will eventually tell him what is bothering her or what scares her. The brothers were worried about their beloved. They just want the best for her and for themselves.
Lilia sat at the dinner table, sighing and worrying about what was wrong with Annabeth. Also, the day of the Dual School Magishift Tournament was approaching and the house wardens were busy training to compete against RSA. Mr. Crowley is still hoping to finally win against Royal Sword Academy.