Chapter 8: Jack: Confusion

I walked out of my political science class and look at my stupid dead phone again. Thank God I see Mickey next period. I need to explain this stuff to her. It doesn't help that the Princess isn't doing anything to fix the situation. I felt a poking at my back; I turned and saw the Princess standing behind me. She held her schedule out in her hand.

                   "Jack, where is this class?" She just asked me in the cutest way possible. She nestled her body against mine and had an adorable facial expression that was a cross between confusion and cuteness. I grabbed the schedule out of her hand and took a peek at it. I read off the other classes she has for the day and realized something. We had all the same classes, during all the same periods except for seventh. She has cheerleading instead of football. Either way I am still going to see her then anyways after practices.

          "Did your dad purposely put you in all the same period classes as me?"

                   "Hmm... not that I know of... I do remember seeing a man that kind of looks like you a few weeks ago talking to my dad about school."

          Then I remembered what my dad told me that morning, "Hey Jack you are going to be in for a surprise today."

          "Damn old man, it was my father that put you in all my classes. I guess I will be your escort around school then."

                   "Yay, I knew we would be together again like when we were younger."

          "Ha-ha, define 'together' because I think we have two very different definitions of it." We walked into our next class and lone behold Mickey was in her seat talking to Liz. Then the Princess hugged me from behind.

                   "Are you ignoring me, oh who is that you are looking at, is that your girlfriend. Go introduce me baka." She followed that by shoving me towards Mickey.

          "Hey Mickey," I looked over to Liz, "Hey Liz how are you two doing?"

                   "I'm alright."

                             "I'm doing great can't wait to get in my band uniform later. How's your day going Prince?"

          "Funny Liz, very funny. Oh speaking of royalty, there's someone I want to introduce the two of you too." I stepped to the side and revealed the Princess.

          "Princess, this is Mikayla Anderson, head cheerleader and my childhood best friend. And this is our overly sexual band Drum Major Lisbeth Hale."

                             "What did you say I was?!?"

          "Ha-ha you heard me," I winked at her and that's what made her do a one-eighty with her attitude. She went from full blown tantrum to in love. Apparently people say I have a winking problem but I don't know if it is.

                                      "It's nice to meet the two of you."

          "It's nice to meet you too; you can just call me Mickey."

                   "And you can call me Liz don't worry I'm not how that idiot described me as."

          They all shook hands. So far so good, she doesn't want to kill me or her yet.

          "Hey Mickey, I have to explain something to you."

                   "What is it?

          I was about to tell her the whole situation then Mr. Johnson our APUSH teacher walked in.

          "Okay class; please take your seats, today we are going to go over the American Civil War. Mrs. White you will be sitting in the fourth row, third seat next to Mr. Tyler." That last statement was followed by a bunch of whistling and cat calling.

          "Mickey we'll talk after class."

                   "Sure thing."

          I took my seat next to the window and pulled out my E-textbook. I looked over to the princess and we smiled at each other. Then I looked past her to the corner of the room in the back. The first row, fourth and fifth seats to see Mickey and Liz just staring at us then they looked away when they noticed me staring back. This is going to be an interesting class...